𝐆𝐎𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐁𝐀𝐂𝐊 𝐇𝐎𝐌𝐄

Song:Don't cry (Guns N' Roses)"I'll still be thinkin' of you and the times we had, baby

Song:
Don't cry (Guns N' Roses)
"I'll still be thinkin' of you and the times we had, baby."

Callisto would normally look forward to the sound of the train engine starting and the chattering of students who couldn't wait to fall back in the open embraces of their parents. But now, the engine sounded like a grim warning and the chattering resembled mocking comments. She sank back to her seat, trying to block off the sound of her surroundings and closed her eyes. The days of her freedom were constantly on her mind, tormenting her even when she thought a bit about sleeping. And even when she did manage to rest for a few hours, her dreams were filled with nightmares of Aleksi and Milena holding her captive in a life she didn't want.

Yes, she loved the riches and luxury, but she completely despised the people possessing them.

"Callie," Narcissa whispered, shaking her gently. "Do you want anything from the trolley?"

"No." Her appetite had been cut short after receiving the letter, the only thoughts plaguing her mind being the ones of her future wedding. How could they have messed up so royally?

"Please get her some chocolate and some water." Narcissa whispered, nodding as Regulus exited the compartment. Usually Narcissa didn't mind the silence, but now she'd prefer anything over the dullness reigning the compartment.

"You know you're my best friend, right?" Callisto opened her eyes, looking up at Narcissa and nodded slightly. "I know you feel like you owe him something, but you don't. Whatever happened is in the past now and he has obviously forgiven you and doesn't want you to ruin your entire life just for stupid money."

"It's not stupid money."

"Yes, it is." Narcissa insisted. "It's money and everything that comes with it. And I know you can't do anything right now or you'll have an aim on your back and if there's one thing we do well is hitting the center every damn time, but please remember that I'll be there for you."

Callisto bit her lip, trying to distract herself from the stinging in her eyes. "Can I ask you something?"

"No, you can't."

"Why do I keep on thinking about Remus?" She asked, looking away from her. "I mean, everything is going to shit and all I care about is Remus. He's not affected one bit by it and yet, I feel like I'm losing something way too soon. And when I try to determine what that something is, it's always him."

"Do you have feelings for him?"

Callisto didn't reply.

Old legend had it that once you admit something out loud, it becomes true.

~ ~ ~

"Are you okay mate?" Sirius asked, nudging Remus.

"Just fine." Remus lied, smiling lightly. Usually, he would put some more effort into his lies, hoping that they sounded somewhat convincing, but this time he didn't have it in him to put the necessary effort. After all, feeling "just fine" would be plain insensitive at the time.