𝐓𝐖𝐎 𝐖𝐎𝐋𝐕𝐄𝐒 𝐇𝐎𝐖𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐔𝐍𝐃𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐀𝐌𝐄 𝐌𝐎𝐎𝐍

Song: Lady (T

Song:
Lady (T.Rex)
"I'm gonna dance in the rain for you."

When Callisto Claire was one year old, she was wrapped securely in her baby pink blanket and she left her mother's hands, only to be immediately embraced by her aunt and travel to her new home.

When Callisto Claire was five years old, she couldn't really understand why she spent so much time in the children's clinic in Bulgaria, while all the other kids came in and left in the span of a few days. And most importantly, she couldn't determine why her parents never came to see her, like Maria's dad and Aleksi's mom did.

When Callisto was ten years old, she was furiously writing letters to her parents, getting frustrated by the fact that they always managed to get lost in the mail along with her parents' responses. It was on her birthday when she finally had an outburst as she saw the two empty seats next to Elena and Ivan, where her parents should be seated. Every plate in the kitchen broke, leaving Callisto with a small scar on her forehead and a refusal to communicate with her parents again.

When Callisto Claire was eleven years old, she was utterly confused by the fact that Ivan always came to their house after a full moon, with gaping wounds and bruises. Callisto figured he liked to get in fights, like the boys at school. That was when Ivan, although a bit reluctantly, had allowed the small girl to make him his potion. A new world had opened for the young girl and every full moon, a small vial of wound-cleaning potion was waiting for Ivan and Elena on the kitchen table.

When Callisto Claire was twelve years old, she had a paper ball thrown at her in detention. The perpetrator wasn't anyone else but a boy her age called Nicholas Lawson. That was the beginning of a beautiful, yet a bit peculiar friendship that made Callisto realize two important things. The first thing was that everything was a little bit easier with someone by your side and the second thing was that sometimes, having absent parents was much better than having seemingly perfect ones.

When Callisto Claire was thirteen years old, she accidentally called her aunt "mom" for the first time. Even years after, she couldn't shake off the embarrassment she had felt at that moment, or forget the tears glimmering in Elena's eyes, a mixture of happiness and bitterness because the woman could never have her own. Callisto hadn't really thought about becoming a mother like most of the pureblood girls at her school, but now she knew that even if she wanted to have a family at some point, she would never be able to.

When Callisto Claire was fourteen years old, she had a lot of firsts. Her first kiss with the Muggle neighbor boy, her first serious readmission in the hospital after she turned twelve, her first real interaction with Nicholas' parents and her first attempt at making a potion that would cure her blood curse. Despite all of the failed attempts that ensued, Callisto understood that every single mistake was part of the process. After all, there was a reason why nobody had managed to find a cure yet.