𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐏𝐇𝐄𝐂𝐘

Song: Hayloft II (Mother Mother)"Whatever happened to the young, young lovers? One got shot and the other got lost in Drugs and punks and blood on the street

Song:
Hayloft II (Mother Mother)
"Whatever happened to the young, young lovers? One got shot and the other got lost in Drugs and punks and blood on the street."

T.W: minor s*xual ass*ult, violence, blood, greyback

OCTOBER 1980

Breakfasts in Westminster were quite the surreal experience.

"Why are you dressed so..." He pointed up and down at what she was wearing. He wasn't used to seeing her in actual robes, like the ones pure blooded women wore. Dark, heavy, but comfortable and easy to move around in. "So not like Callisto."

"I have work."

"Work or work?"

She just tilted her head slightly, sending him a warning look, "You're not supposed to ask."

"Right, right, sorry." He sighed, raising his hands defensively. "Either way, be careful, please."

"Why? You're not in the mood to find another roommate?"

"No, idiot." He huffed. "I've grown used to having you around, and well, I'm a creature of habit."

"No promises." She mused as she reached for her coat, slipping on her combat boots.

"Don't pull the 'no promises' card on me, lady." He shouted from the kitchen, letting his mug down. "I said be fucking careful."

"Fine, I will."

"Good girl."

"Shut up, Nott." She groaned, yet the amusement in her voice was evident. "Don't wait for me until late today."

"Have fun murdering my friends."

"Oh, I will."

She closed the door shut behind her, apparating straight to the Headquarters. Perhaps she had given cognitive dissonance too much credit, because she didn't feel conflicted at all, staying with Tobias. It was a safe place, the apartment was a catch, and he was a very good roommate. He kept her mind off Remus and the war, until he left for work or she was left alone in her room.

Then everything came back, and she had to physically restrain herself from knocking on his door.

At least she could sleep now. They had prescribed her some sleeping pills from St. Mungo's and they did a half decent job. The only issue was that sometimes she'd wake up in the middle of the night, feeling as if someone was pressing hard on her chest, slowly suffocating her.

It was all in her head.
Sleep paralysis, that's what the healers had called it.

"You'll blend in." Moody commented, nodding approvingly at her attire. "Good job, kid."