𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐅𝐔𝐍𝐃𝐎

Song:Run Boy Run (Woodkid)"Tomorrow is another day, nd when the night fades away, you'll be a man, boy!"

Song:
Run Boy Run (Woodkid)
"Tomorrow is another day, nd when the night fades away, you'll be a man, boy!"

A/N: Trigger Warning: violence

The next Hogsmeade trip came much quicker than all of them had anticipated. The original plan was that they would all stay back and study, with the NEWTs rapidly approaching in the record time of two weeks.

Yet, when McGonagall demanded they all go to celebrate Callisto's Order of Merlin Award, none of them could say no. The old professor knew they had all been studying harder than ever before, and as much as they needed to focus on their exams, they also needed a way to relax.

The woman would never feel as guilty for sending someone to Hogsmeade ever again.

She hadn't anticipated that one of them would never return.

~ ~ ~

It was a normal day.

The weather was fine, their spirits were high although they were all stressed with the exams and they had planned the same thing as any other time. It was mundane, just a casual trip. There were no signs of the hell that was about to be unleashed upon them, nothing to prepare them. Sirius had no reason to keep his wand out, James couldn't see why he'd have to look behind his back, Callisto was too preoccupied talking with Remus to notice anything else, and Ares Brown was just having a stroll with his boyfriend and his friends.

All so innocent, all so undoubtedly normal.

"It's a shame Peter couldn't come." Callisto murmured, looking through the assortment of sweets in front of her. "I'll get him a few honey cough pastilles for his throat."

"I got chocolates."

Sure enough, Remus was standing by her side, his eyes lighting up as he looked at the huge bag full of chocolates by his side, as if he was a little kid. She looked over at the chocolate stand, unable to hide her laughter as she saw a single chocolate standing on its own.

"You bought the entire stock."

"No, I left one for the other customers." Callisto rolled her eyes at his defensiveness and grabbed it from the stand, paying the woman that was sitting behind it, looking at Remus completely bewildered.

"Is that all for him?"

"The chocolates?" Callisto asked, the woman nodding. "Oh no, it's for his three kids."

The woman seemed to be even more confused as she looked at him. Remus, completely unaware of what Callisto had said to the woman, waved and grinned. The woman returned the gesture politely and handed Callisto her change, the girl marching back to Remus with the chocolate in hand.

"Why was she looking at me?"

Callisto smirked, "Oh, she thought you were cute."

"Is this for me?" Remus asked hopefully, pointing at the chocolate. "And, no offense to her, but I have a girlfriend." He smugly finished.