𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐁𝐄𝐍𝐀

Song:Meds (Placebo)Trying my best not to forget; what happened to us, what happened to me, what happened as I let it slip

Song:
Meds (Placebo)
Trying my best not to forget; what happened to us, what happened to me, what happened as I let it slip."

A/N: Descriptions of toxic relationship. Not graphic, but it is insinuated. If you want to read the chapter but wish to avoid this type of content, I suggest you avoid everything written in italics. They show Callisto's memories

Remus had woken up in a foul mood. It felt as if an invisible force was bracing him for an unsettling discovery that would take place before breakfast. Sirius and Peter had been trying to get him off his bed for at least twenty minutes with no avail. James, who usually wasn't all that logical, seemed to be having an epiphany because for the first time in years, he had come up with a sensible idea.

Remus could skip breakfast and join them in their first class, while the rest went to eat like they always did.

It was rather brilliant and Remus would have thought he had the luck of the world since he rarely had some time alone, if Peter hadn't accidentally forgotten the Marauders Map open in his bed.

Remus slowly got out of bed, taking his sweet time in the bathroom now that Sirius wasn't hogging it. Class was supposed to start in fifteen minutes when he came out and quickly dressed, shoving his finished essay in his bag. Usually, Remus would be one of the first to arrive to class if he was alone and one of the last if the three Marauders were involved. This time, just like any other, Remus took his bag from the floor, only then noticing the opened map forgotten in Peter's bed.

The werewolf sighed, grabbing the parchment. He had lost track of how many times he had reminded them to close and neatly fold the map if they weren't using it, in fear of their prized possession being confiscated or stolen. He was about to cast the spell, when he noticed two small labels on the seventh floor.

Callisto Claire & Sirius Black

There were no classrooms up on the seventh floor, everyone knew it. To make everything much worse, their tags soon disappeared. Remus closed the map, shoving it in his bag without bothering to fold it properly. The only room they hadn't managed to put in the map was the Room of Requirements. It was impossible to keep track of, since it vanished and appeared only if someone needed it.

It didn't take a lot of imagination for him to understand why they were going there. Remus had already concluded on Callisto's feelings about Sirius and now it seemed as if the girl's love for his best friend was not unrequited.

Oh how wrong he was...

~ ~ ~

"Is there a reason you didn't let me finish my toastie or not?" Sirius complained, allowing himself to be dragged by his ear up to the seventh floor. Callisto had stormed in the Great Hall and had immediately headed to where he was sitting with James and Peter. Without as much as a second word, she had grabbed his ear, forcing him to stand up and follow her out of the Hall with no further explanation. If he didn't know the girl, he would be afraid for his life, but the look in her eyes was oddly reassuring.