𝐀 𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐓𝐈𝐌𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆

Song: Sisters of the Moon (Fleetwood Mac)

Song:
Sisters of the Moon (Fleetwood Mac)

Dear Diary,
I'm afraid things aren't going exactly according to plan. I have stopped writing that much to you and my brain is getting all scrambled up. It keeps me up at nights and then I'm tired all day, so I can safely say that the lesson is learned and I will not neglect this little ritual again. A lot has happened since my last entry and I'm genuinely confused.

For starters, I went to a Gryffindor party about a week ago and I got drunk. However, the issue is that I didn't get drunk alone but with Lupin, of all people. To make the long story short, we slept together and he doesn't remember it was me. I shouldn't care, really, but for some stupid reason I find myself thinking about him, which is completely irrational.

Then again, I feel terribly guilty for making him part of the bet. Usually, the guys I chose are douchebags. Hence, I don't really care about their emotions, something that's different in this case. I don't know if I want to go through with it anymore and it's not only because he's a sweet guy and I actually consider him somewhat of a friend, but also because I'm afraid that if I get any closer, that unsettling feeling in my stomach will get worse. If only it was this easy to stop wanting to be around him and things would be much better. I would send a letter to Nicholas or even Antonia about it, but it seems completely out of character for me to feel (?) that way.

Unfortunately, with everything that's been happening, I have kind of fallen behind in my research on how to break blood curses. Ever since Elena told me that a mild form has been placed in our family I've been trying to figure it out, but there is such complexity behind them that I'm starting to lose faith. I'm feeling good for now. I've been taking my pills every morning and avoiding excess physical activity, so I haven't had any symptoms shining through.

Eternally yours,
Callisto.

The diary was placed once again back in the drawer and Callisto took her usual morning pill, waiting for Narcissa to come out. Her fingers trailed over the small box, a frown forming. She had been dealing with the symptoms of the curse for years, to the point where she was somewhat used to it by now. Unfortunately, her aunt was feeling the effects of the curse too, since she was unable to have a child on her own. Although relatively mild, the curse affected all women related to her mum's family either directly or indirectly and now her aunt was paying the consequences. That was why her first husband had taken a divorce and why she had been so furious when Vera confessed that she wanted to give Callisto up. And perhaps this was why the girl had started working on a cure in the first place.

"Are you ready?" Narcissa questioned, a smile etching on her glossy lips. "I'm sure you'll love Lucious."

"You sound pretty confident." Callisto noted, putting the bottle back in the drawer and locking it. She got up and grabbed her bag from the chair before they made their way out of the dorm. The two girls went down the staircase where a tall man was waiting, gazing at the lake. Narcissa went behind him and gingerly placed her hands right above his eyes before murmuring something inaudible. The man turned around and that was how Callisto Claire met Lucious Malfoy. Descendant of a noble, pureblood family, he exuded an aura of elegance and arrogance that shone through his polished mannerisms. From the way not a single hair stuck out of his styled, platinum blond hair and the perfectly ironed uniform to his straight posture and his slightly raised head; Lucious Malfoy was the picture perfect image of a pureblood.