𝐍𝐎𝐓 𝐒𝐎 𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐏𝐘 𝐂𝐎𝐔𝐏𝐋𝐄

Song: Blackest Day (Lana Del Rey)"Ever since my baby went away, it's been the blackest day

Song:
Blackest Day (Lana Del Rey)
"Ever since my baby went away, it's been the blackest day..."

"Don't you have DADA?" Regulus questioned, nudging Callisto's feet with the tip of his shoes. The girl didn't even bulge from her seat, too engrossed in an essay about Banshees to even look up at him. Indeed, judging from the time she had spent trying to describe the creature's origins without copying the book word from word, she should have been at the library about ten minutes ago. Yet, nothing of the sort had happened, seeing as she'd much rather be locked in a room with Serena Callum for a whole week than spend time with Remus. The more she thought about his words, the more her stomach sank. Remus was one of the only people that have ever tried to take a deeper dive in who the hell Callisto Claire actually was, and he had been so blatantly cruel.

Paranoid, mean, heartless, vengful...

True or not, she didn't want him to think of her like that.

"I'm not talking to John." She cooly answered, his middle name feeling in her foreign as it rolled off her tongue. Calling him Lupin always had that playful tone in it and she was sure as hell not going to refer to him as Remus. Thankfully, Hope and Lyall Lupin had been very helpful by giving him the completely bland middle name that he truly despised. Of course, his aversion to his middle name only encouraged her to use it.

"I would have never guessed..." Regulus sacrastically retorted. "It's not like he has been gawking at you like someone took his toy every time you two are in the same room."

"If he wants a toy, he can go to Callum." She snarkily hinted, turning the page on her textbook.

"But he doesn't want Callum!"

"Don't start again with the same rubbish, Regulus." She muttered, annoyance slipping in her words. "We were friends and yes, we did share some more intimate moments, but he's not the first I've done this with and he's certainly not gonna be the last. So, kindly, hop off my bloody dick and let me finish my work."

"If you're not into him then why do you let his opinion affect you that much?

"I don't." And with that, the book was closed shut, signifying the end of the discussion. Regulus shook his head in disappointment as he saw the girl pick up her stuff, before she stormed out of the Slytherin Common Room.

Callisto was in a rage, and although the essay on Banshees wasn't the cause, it certainly didn't help. She hadn't shed a single tear because of something as insignificant as someone else's opinion since the children at the Muggle primary school picked at her for being too weird, and now Remus bloody Lupin had come and burned her with his words. Yes, it was anger, but at the same time she felt lied to. He had made her believe that they were friends, and then he had gone ahead and named every single thing that was wrong with her as if that was all he had seen in her.