𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐌𝐎𝐒𝐓 𝐒𝐓𝐔𝐁𝐁𝐎𝐑𝐍 𝐖𝐎𝐌𝐀𝐍

Song: Ain't No Sunshine (Bill Withers)"Ain't no sunshine when she's gone

Song:
Ain't No Sunshine (Bill Withers)
"Ain't no sunshine when she's gone."

Remus didn't think he'd ever run so fast in his entire life. It felt as if an eternity had passed since the second curse hit Callisto's back, a red gash immediately spreading on the thin, purple fabric of her shirt and the protective wards broke down. Madame Pomfrey immediately rushed to her side, turning her over and checking for responsiveness, only to be met with nothing.

Remus only stopped when he was right next to them, a hand on his shoulder as the matron instructed him to lift Callisto and follow her to the Hospital Ward.

Three smashed ribs -because they were past just being fractured- and a huge gash on her back, accompanied by a mild concussion. It was one of the rare times the matron had placed someone on their side, bandages wrapped around her back to stop the bleeding and some type of cool, blue gel charmed to stick on her bruised ribs.

Remus had refused to leave, Narcissa and one of the guys or Lily joining him alternatively in between classes and breaks. Slughorn and McGonagall had come to visit her as well, the former looking as if he was the one with the broken ribs, while the latter looked positively enraged.

"Want a chocolate frog, Lupin?" Narcissa asked, looking up from her book.

"Ehm...sure."

"Okay, then go and bring me some as well." She responded, smirking at the annoyed expression in his eyes. "Such a grumpy face, aren't you, Lupin?"

"You're no real delight either."

"Hm, fair." She shrugged, glancing over at Callisto. "So, are you going for those chocolate frogs or no?"

"No."

"Callie would want you to go, you know." Narcissa pressed, her smirk growing wider at his visible irritation. "She really loves her chocolate frogs."

"Are you always this annoying?"

"Are you always this vexed?"

"No, just when my friend gets fucked over during a duel." Remus snapped, sinking back into his seat. "Who the hell hits someone behind their back?"

"I do." She chirped, shrugging. "So does Callie." She added. "And did you just call her a friend, Lupin? You're hardly that."

"What are we then?"

Narcissa could only laugh because the moment the words left his lips, Callisto stirred, taking in a sharp breath.

"Even unconscious she's onto you, Lupin." Narcissa said teasingly, her blue eyes gleaming with amusement. "Hello, sunshine."

"SHE WOKE UP!" Remus shouted to the matron, unable to hide the urgency in his voice as he almost jumped off his seat. "Listo, are you okay?"

"Are you blind?"