𝐂𝐎𝐆𝐍𝐈𝐓𝐈𝐕𝐄 𝐃𝐈𝐒𝐒𝐎𝐍𝐀𝐍𝐂𝐄 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐔𝐂𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐖𝐈𝐍𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐍'𝐒

Song: The Hand that Feeds (Nine Inch Nails)"Will you bite the hand that feeds you?Will you stay down on your knees?"

Song:
The Hand that Feeds (Nine Inch Nails)
"Will you bite the hand that feeds you?Will you stay down on your knees?"

OCTOBER 1980

T.W.: medication abuse (someone give this girl a break.)

"What are you looking at?"

Callisto raised her head from the newspaper she was holding. Tobias was looking over her shoulder curiously at the muggle newspaper, a cigarette between his lips. He always needed to have some sort of vice close by, according to Narcissa; either a cigarette, or a drink, or a small bag with white powder, or a guy, or a girl.

Something, anything.

"I'm looking for a new apartment. Remus is staying at my old one, and-"

"And what? Kick him out." He scoffed. "It's yours."

"I don't want to go back there." She admitted. "I'll just find a new apartment somewhere."

He didn't speak for a while, his gaze focused on the grounds stretched out in front of him. She didn't know what was more overpowering; the scent of smoke or the flowers Narcissa had planted in every corner of the mansion. She liked them. They did a good job at making the large manor a bit more home-like.

"Stay with me."

Callisto choked on her own saliva, letting out a cough. There was no way he had just proposed it. Her imagination was just out of control.

"Excuse me?"

"Stay with me." He repeated, blowing some smoke out. "I have an apartment in Westminster, but apparently, it's not good for me to stay alone. You need a place to stay, I need a roommate, it all checks out."

"Why can't you stay alone?"

"I get melancholic." He shrugged. "I'm not dirty, I promise."

"That sounds a lot like something a dirty person would say."

"I'll do your laundry and I can cook." He offered. "I'd say this is quite the catch. Plus, as a man, I'll protect you from... my Death Eater friends?"

Callisto let out a laugh. This was insane; the entire situation was completely bonkers. She had already gained a reputation for being controversial among the members of the Order, staying with a Death Eater would only make things worse.

Nobody watched out for her though.

Whether she had pushed the Marauders away, or they had pushed her away, the outcome was the same. She sat alone, occasionally exchanging a few words with James and Lily. They were the only ones to ask whether she was alright when she felt like throwing up from the alcohol, or had stood up for her when Alice behaved like a child.