𝐄𝐔𝐏𝐇𝐄𝐌𝐈𝐀'𝐒 𝐋𝐀𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐃𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐄𝐀

Song: I Miss You (Adele)"I miss you when the lights go out"

Song:
I Miss You (Adele)
"I miss you when the lights go out"

"They're both in your House?" Vera asked, watching as Callisto paced up and down the living room. She had been trying to make conversation ever since Elena had left for Bulgaria and Thomas had gone off to work, only to fail miserably. Callisto barely even looked at her and when she did, it was to glare at her.

"Yes."

"Slytherin?"

"Yes."

"How is it?" Vera pressed, biting her lip nervously. "I was a Ravenclaw, you see, and your father was a Gryffindor."

"It's nice." Callisto answered, completely dismissing all other comments. What was she supposed to do with that information anyway? Praise them for getting sorted, just like every other student that ever joined Hogwarts?

"Your father was in Gryffindor." Vera repeated a bit louder. "Do you have anything to say about that?"

"Aw, he's so special." She sarcastically remarked, rolling her eyes.

"Can you please talk to me normally?" The woman pleaded, feeling her heart sink at the look Callisto gave her. "I know the reason we gave you up wasn't the one you wanted to hear, but I'm still your mother."

"Vera, you exhaust me." Callisto stated, sighing. "I'm only here because Elena wants me to stay with you for the holidays, okay? So, don't think for even one second that I want to spend time with you. And for the record, you're not my mother, so don't call yourself that. You're putting shame to that name."

"Cal-"

The green fire that erupted in the fireplace interrupted her before she could finish calling her name, Narcissa standing out gracefully with Regulus following close behind her. Narcissa dusted off her dark blue dress, the promise ring on her ring finger shining against the dark fabric. Regulus rolled his eyes at the subtle movement that Narcissa kept on doing ever since Lucius had proposed to her and hugged Callisto.

"Your mother?"

"Unfortunately." The blonde whispered back. Regulus broke the hug and looked at the woman, smiling charmingly.

"You two must be Narcissa and Regulus." Vera said, grinning slightly at the two teenagers. "I've heard so much about you."

Callisto's eyebrows furrowed together at that comment, knowing very damn well she had only mentioned the absolute necessary information about them.

"Of course you have." Regulus hummed, kissing her knuckles "It's lovely to meet you, Mrs. Claire."

Narcissa and Callisto shared a look, identical smirks on their lips at the subtle snark behind Regulus' words.