𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐋𝐎𝐒𝐓

Songs:Should I Stay Or Should I Go (The Clash)High (Zella Day)

Songs:
Should I Stay Or Should I Go (The Clash)
High (Zella Day)

Callisto's eyes skimmed over the bold, black letters as her finger lightly brushed against the yellowed pages of the book. Sat on the ground with her back against the wall as the muggle novel rested on her thighs, time seemed to have frozen for the young girl. The only sound echoing in the library was the page turning, the occasional loud comment made by the students sitting a few sections away and the soft ticking sound of the clock right above her head. Turning yet another page, she looked up from the leather bound book.

"Are you done yet?" Regulus complained, throwing a paper ball at her. The crumpled piece of paper hit her right in the forehead, before falling on the ground and she picked it up, forcefully throwing it back at his face. "I'll take that as a no."

"Shut up, you origami disgrace!" She hissed. "Next time something hits me, I'm going to shove this book so far down your throat you'll be shitting dust for the rest of your life!"

"No need to be so violent, Callisto." Regulus stated mockingly, shaking his head. "It was an accident."

"One thing you two have in common." She snarkily retorted, making Regulus snort at her comment. The boy stood up from his seat and stretched out his arms and legs obnoxiously loud for her own taste, before plopping equally loudly on the floor next to her. Callisto bit back the threat and went back to her reading, hoping that it would bore Regulus to the point of leaving her alone. Soon enough, a head was resting on her shoulder as an out of tune voice filled the silent library.

"Tommy used to work on the docks, union's been on strike, he's down on his luck. It's tough. So tough!"

"Oh my God, shut up!" Callisto finally said, shaking his head off. "Your singing is upsetting the vibrations in the castle!"

"Is that a good thing or a bad thing?" Regulus inquired, raising an eyebrow.

"Much like your singing, it's bad." She deadpanned, smacking his head with the book. Regulus groaned loudly, his hand reaching up to where she had hit him and he pursued his lips together in mock pain.

"It's killed me, Claire! It's killed me!" He whined, pointing at his forehead. Callisto just stared at him, trying to figure out why he was acting like a drunk bunny all of a sudden. Ever since he had woken up today, the younger Slytherin had been awfully chirpier than usual and even proceeded to get them both in trouble by getting in a fight with a Gryffindor. Apparently, "your mom" jokes are only acceptable when they come from the lions, because they now were supposed to participate in an actual duel at midnight by the Black Lake.

"What's gotten into you today?" She questioned, her eyes still searching his face for the smallest sign of intoxication. Regulus raised an eyebrow suggestively, before his arm snaked around her shoulders.