𝐇𝐎𝐖 𝐓𝐎 𝐂𝐎𝐑𝐑𝐄𝐂𝐓 𝐀 𝐌𝐈𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐊𝐄

Song: Young And Beautiful (Lana Del Rey)"And all the ways I got to know, your pretty face and electric soul

Song:
Young And Beautiful (Lana Del Rey)
"And all the ways I got to know, your pretty face and electric soul."

DECEMBER 1980

For the first time in months, Callisto could safely say that she could feel the sun on her skin.

She had gotten so used to the numbness, that she hadn't even realized how exhausted she had been, how she acted like another person, how she couldn't even breathe normally anymore. Slowly, but steadily, she was going back to feeling like herself, and the thought almost brought her to tears.

"Your hair is very tangled." James criticized as he brushed her hair out, making her wince ever so often. "Just cut it all off already."

"I won't look good with a buzzcut."

"You look like a hag already, so what difference would it make?"

"Lily! Your husband is making fun of the sick and disabled!" Callisto complained, turning to look at the redhead coming out of the bathroom. Her hair was thrown up in a ponytail, a sickly expression on her face as she sat down and drank some of Callisto's water.

"Merlin, the hospital food is wrecking me..."

"I told you, you can eat at home." Callisto stated. "I'll be fine eating alone."

"We're not leaving you to eat alone, Elphie." James tsked, shaking his head. "Now, sit still. You said you wanted to look pretty, right?"

"What does that have to-"

"James!" Lily hissed, sending him a pointed look. "Please, shut up."

James' eyes widened and he smiled apologetically. Callisto didn't have time to react before Lily dug into her colorful tote bag and pulled out a bottle of perfume, spraying her as James continued to brush her hair.

"Where did you find that perfume?" She had stopped wearing it right after leaving Remus. The memories were just too much, so she had kept it far away from her. But now, the scent was lingering around her; smoky vanilla with amber.

"It smells really nice." Lily simply said. "Now sit still, okay doll?"

"What are you-"

"Careful." Lily interjected, applying a coat of mascara on her eyelashes. "Look at you! You look so much healthier already!"

James nodded, "Aw, look at you. You're quite pretty after all."

"Thank you."

"So, please, don't be mad for us for this." Lily smiled awkwardly standing up. "Remember, you're too young for Azkaban."

"And we're both too young to die." James chimed in, as they both slowly backed away from the bed. She opened her mouth to question what exactly they were talking about, when James grabbed Lily's hand and sprinted out of the room, Lily's laugh echoing in the corridor as they ran away.