𝐓𝐈𝐋𝐋 𝐃𝐄𝐀𝐓𝐇 𝐃𝐎 𝐔𝐒 𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓

Song: Arcade (Duncan Lawrence) "We were always a losing game

Song:
Arcade (Duncan Lawrence)
"We were always a losing game."

Remus could tell one thing from the reception: He was so out of place.

Even in his suit that was a bit too long for his arms, polished shoes and his more tamed hair compared to the other, mundane days of the month; he did not belong there.

Alas, everyone else fit like one of the tailor made, satin gloves Sofia was wearing.

He had expected Sirius and James to blend in that easily, mostly due to their impeccable manners and the gravity of their last names (whether they were fond of said last names was another story). But never had he thought that Peter could be so classy as he effortlessly chatted with every uncle, grand-uncle and grand-grand-uncle present in the venue. Most importantly, never had he thought that Lily would be such a good actress. She always was polite, elegant and serious, but those people literally would curse her both figuratively and literally if they knew her background. The same would apply for him, but he was used to not reacting when he heard something negative about werewolves. After all, he thought negatively about it himself, why would strangers spare him the comments?

"How much money do you think they spent?" Lily whispered, looking at the glass, enchanted chandeliers.

"Probably a lot more than the money in my vault." Remus answered, his eyes focused on the front of the venue. The stage was levitating off the ground, enchanted vines supporting it. The dark brown color of the venue contrasted the golden and plum flowers around the room. Everything was planned to the detail. Everything screamed elegance.

Except for him. Nothing about misery was elegant.

The lights dimmed slightly, casting a golden hue as a slow song started playing and the doors opened. Just as Remus had expected, the groom came in first. If Remus was being honest, he couldn't remember what Nicholas looked like.

In fact, he had hoped that Nicholas would be ugly, or that at the very least he would resemble a toad. Of course, he was far from the truth. Nicholas looked like what he thought Callisto's type would be; classically and timelessly handsome, with clothes that were tailored for him and an elegance Remus just couldn't replicate. His best man was waiting for him on the side of the stage, no other groomsman in sight. On the other side of the stage, the girl Remus had talked with was waiting, staring at Nicholas with no expression in her eyes.

A few minutes passed and the doors opened again, to reveal Callisto. This time, she seemed even more striking than when he had seen her in her room. Instead of being accompanied by her father or brother like most brides, her aunt was by her side. Remus' eyes narrowed as he watched them going down the aisle as he noticed that Elena wasn't just holding her. It looked more like she was supporting her so that Callisto wouldn't collapse on the ground.