𝐂𝐀𝐓𝐓𝐈𝐕𝐎 𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐒𝐈𝐆𝐋𝐈𝐎

Song: Happier (Olivia Rodrigo)"But she's beautiful, she looks kind, she probably gives you butterflies

Song:
Happier (Olivia Rodrigo)
"But she's beautiful, she looks kind, she probably gives you butterflies."

Remus had really tried to focus in class, but having images of Callisto and Sirius making out or doing even more in the Room of Requirements did not provide him with the right headspace to listen to McGonagall. He had thought that the old professor wouldn't be as happy with him leaving in the middle of the class, but when Minerva advised him to go out to get some air, Remus didn't hesitate. He was sitting on a bench in Hogsmead, when he heard a familiar voice behind him.

"Hey, stranger." Remus turned around. Monica smiled at him slightly and sat next to him on the bench, checking her watch. "Shouldn't you be in class right now?"

"Not really." Remus answered, taken aback by her friendly attitude. Last time he had seen her, she didn't really seem to like him and now Monica was talking to him as if they were old friends. "Why are you talking to me?"

"Do you want me to leave?" Monica asked, trying to refrain from rolling her eyes. Of course he wouldn't want her to leave, that was something she was willing to bet on.

"Actually, I wouldn't mind being alone right now." He answered, her smile faltering. "Lots to think about."

Monica thought it wasn't possible for her to dislike Remus Lupin more, but here she was now, absolutely loathing him.

"Maybe I can help."

Remus shrugged, "Doubt it."

"I'm rather good with girls." Monica insisted, catching Remus' attention. "And it's obvious you like Callisto."

"It's obvious you're wrong." Remus stated, his patience running out. He had left in the middle of the lesson to clear his head, not have Monica remind him of everything he couldn't have.

"I'm not dumb, Remus." Monica sighed, touching his shoulder softly. "But sure, let's say you don't want Callisto. What you need to do to win over any girl is simple."

"If you say so."

"I say so." The girl smirked. "You just need to make her jealous, Remus. I know, it sounds silly, but jealousy can be very powerful. Go to the ball with someone else, but make sure it's not a random girl. Ask out one of her friends, or someone she respects. If it's a nobody she won't be bothered. Once that's done, you just need to play along until she tells you how she feels."

Remus frowned, "I'm not sure she'll appreciate that."

"She won't appreciate it at all at first." Monica clarified. "But, it does work. The only thing you need to remember is that you must not be afraid to push it a bit further. Don't drop the girl immediately after the dance. Just play along with it until she confesses."

Monica did give him advice. Whether it was good advice or horrible advice, he couldn't really understand. On one hand, Lily only told James she was in love with him when he decided to go out with Daphne Brooks, which proved that jealousy could work. On the other hand, Callisto and Lily were two very different people. Just because something worked for the one, didn't guarantee it would work for the other.