𝐑𝐄𝐆𝐔𝐋𝐔𝐒' 𝐆𝐔𝐈𝐃𝐄 𝐓𝐎 𝐋𝐘𝐈𝐍𝐆

Song: Dust In the Wind (Kansas)"Nothing lasts forever but the earth and sky

Song:
Dust In the Wind (Kansas)
"Nothing lasts forever but the earth and sky. It slips away, and all your money won't another minute buy."

"What if I was a plane?"

"A flying one?" Remus asked, turning his head from the ceiling to Callisto. "A flying plane?"

"Obviously."

"I mean, I guess I'd think you're a hot plane..."

Callisto nodded, seemingly satisfied by his answer.

"What if I was a vase?"

"The prettiest vase I've ever seen."

"Really?" She asked, surprise lacing her voice. "I thought you'd say no. I mean, planes are cool, vases are just objects with a whole in the middle, and you put things in them."

She let out a loud, sudden laugh at that, turning to glance at Remus who was as red as his sweater.

"That's disgusting."

"I'm sorry." She snickered, coughing slightly at the applied pressure on her abdomen. "Okay, what if..."

"Yes?"

"What if I was..." She paused for a moment, narrowing her eyes in concentration. "If I was, a- would you?"

"I probably would."

"Would you still like me if I was something..." Her eyes lit up as an idea popped up in her mind. "If I was a ketchup bottle."

"You're pushing it."

"I thought so."

Silence fell between them, before Callisto opened her mouth to say something.

"Absolutely not." Remus said, smirking slightly as Callisto rolled her eyes and went back to staring at the ceiling.

It had been two days since the attack, and Madame Pomfrey still insisted on keeping them hostage in the Hospital Ward. Their visits had been limited to Lily, James, or Peter bringing them some kind of snack from the Great Hall, most of them spending the entire day in the dorm, trying to calm Sirius down. Sirius had asked whether they were all okay, but he didn't have the strength to come down and see them personally, something neither of the two minded.

What Callisto was truly angry about was the fact that neither Narcissa, nor Regulus had visited her. She was sure they knew, even Frank Longbottom had dropped by to check in, and Callisto had exchanged just a few words with the boy over the year. The biggest surprise had been however when Tobias Nott had passed by, only to smoke in silence next to her for a bit, before he got up and left with no other comments.

"Am I going to fail DADA?"

"No, I think you can get an A."

Callisto nodded, reaching for the potion Madame Pomfrey had left by her bedside. She sent Remus a cheeky wink when she met his gaze, pinching her nose to drink the bright pink concoction. She hadn't noticed Remus' eyes trailing over to the entrance of the Hospital Wing, where Regulus Black was coming from.