𝐍𝐈𝐂𝐄 𝐎𝐍𝐄, 𝐉𝐀𝐌𝐄𝐒!

Song:Stairway to Heaven (Led Zeppelin)"And the forests will echo with laughter

Song:
Stairway to Heaven (Led Zeppelin)
"And the forests will echo with laughter. Remember laughter?"

JUNE 1996

Callisto Lupin thought she'd never get to see the day where she'd be begging not to be right.

Her heart pounded in her chest with the strength of a hammer as she stood in the kitchen, watching as everyone rushed by her and people argued as if she was nothing but a bystander. She wasn't in any danger, surrounded by friends and acquaintances, and yet, she had never felt this type of paralysing fear before.

She didn't know what exactly to be scared of.
She didn't even know how they had gotten the news, but instructions were clear. Anyone able to fight was to apparate to the department of Mysteries. Harry and some of his friends were in trouble and they had inside information that a few of Voldemort's best soldiers would attack the children.

"I'll be back soon, okay?" Remus' words didn't register until she felt his hands on each side of her face, warm on her cold cheeks. He was leaning down ever so slightly, so he could be at her eye level, his thumb stroking her cheek softly.

Tonks' voice was what snapped her back to reality.

"Hurry up!"

Just as Remus' hands were about to let go of her, she grabbed his wrist, the words flying out of her mouth before she even thought of them.

"I'm coming too."

As lost as she was a few seconds ago, now she was certain. Remus stood frozen for a few moments, not getting to stop her as she grabbed her wand and her jacket, dragging him by his hand out of the room. Her nails dug desperately into his wrist, feeling every inch of his hand as if she couldn't let go.

"Like hell you are!"

"I'm not arguing with you right now." She said through gritted teeth, struggling to not fall back as he tried to stop her. "Remus, I'm not going to fucking argue right now!"

"You're not going there." He stated, his voice deadly calm. Yet, he didn't seem to be able to mask his fear. "Callisto, for the love of God, stay here. We don't know what the hell is going on. Harry-"

"Harry is in trouble." She interjected. "And he's my responsibility every bit that he is yours or Sirius'. I'm not staying back, okay, Remus? I'm not letting you go alone."

He wanted to argue. He wanted to scream at her to stop this foolishness and stay back at Grimmauld Place where she would be safe. He wanted to lock her inside her bloody room and swallow the key just to make sure she wouldn't manage to get hold of it and follow them.

"Remus, please, don't go alone." She pleaded, her eyes softening. He knew the look behind them very well. It was fear that her worst nightmares would come true, an inability to be away from him when he was in danger.