𝐆𝐑𝐀𝐍𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐀 𝐅𝐀𝐕𝐎𝐑

Song:Do me a favour (Arctic Monkeys)"And do me a favour and break my nose

Song:
Do me a favour (Arctic Monkeys)
"And do me a favour and break my nose."

"Care to explain how you two will get out of this?"

Elena Claire could be described by a lot of adjectives, both good and bad. Thankfully for both Nicholas and Callisto, one of them was "calm". Her job and way of living simply required her not losing her cool no matter what she heard and if she had to take a trip down memory lane and determine the last time she visibly seethed in anger, it would have to be when she heard that her brother wanted to give up Callisto. But now, she was trying very hard not to completely explode in anger in front of the two admittably already scared teens.

"I can't get out of this." Callisto admitted, sitting on the couch. "I can't cancel the wedding and neither can you."

"I also can't get married to you." Nicholas retorted, sitting right next to her, a similar expression of misery in both their faces. "We fucked up. I fucked up."

"Is there anything you can do?" Callisto asked Elena, hoping that there would be some kind of trick up her sleeve.

"No." Elena murmured, sighing. "As long as you consent, I can't do anything."

"No, there must be something I can do." Callisto murmured, desperation eating her from the inside as she tried to find a loophole that would allow her to stop this madness without putting anyone in danger. But if she or Nicholas couldn't refuse to get married and even the ministry didn't have their backs, then who would?

It was like the light bulb lit up in her head and an idea popped up in her head. No, not an idea. It was more like a different approach that opened the door to a world of new possibilities. All this time, she was trying to figure out a solution which would magically make all her problems disappear. Never had she ever thought that a problem in itself could be a solution. Maybe putting herself in danger was what she had to do in the first place. And sure as hell, she would do it if could ensure the marriage collapsed even for a few days.

~ ~ ~

Whoever tried to claim that the Malfoy or even the Black manor were the coldest and most unwelcoming was wrong. Indeed, the Lawson Manor seemed like the castle described in all fairytales with a happy ending, not only on the outside but the inside too. It was a spacious house, well-lit and always smelled off some kind of pastry getting prepared in the kitchen. The walls were decorated with paintings and the occasional portrait of an old relative who was vain enough to hang their own portrait above their bed.

However, it was obvious that this hospitality acted as a vail that could be easily ruptured if one was patient enough to sit down and listen to the silence of the house, rarely interrupted by a strict order or snarky comment. Nicholas had described it to her as a performance. Everything was seemingly perfect as the actors put on their porcelain masks that collapsed in small pieces to reveal the truth. Nobody could survive in an environment like that, unless they possessed a mask made of steel and not porcelain.