𝐈 𝐖𝐎𝐔𝐋𝐃𝐍'𝐓 𝐃𝐎 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐓

Song: Born to Die (Lana Del Rey)"Let me kiss you hard in the pouring rain

Song:
Born to Die (Lana Del Rey)
"Let me kiss you hard in the pouring rain. You like your girls insane."

"Oi, Moony!" Sirius shouted, bursting in the dorm. The boy turned at the sound of his name, not noticing the anger in Sirius' eyes until it was too late.

And that's the story of how Sirius Black broke Remus Lupin's nose.

Remus' balance faltered at the hit and he stumbled back on the bed, clutching his nose in pain as crimson blood started pouring from his nose. The commotion was enough to alert James, who burst out of the bathroom, staring shocked at the sight in front of him. Remus was still trying to recover from the hit, his hands and shirt covered in blood, while Sirius was looking at him in pure anger.

Nobody in the Common Room commented on the peculiar sight, perhaps because they knew better than to question it. James helped Remus walk to the Hospital Ward, while Sirius hurried behind them, trying to push aside the guilt.

"What the fuck, Padfoot?!" James exclaimed angrily once Remus was in Madame Pomfrey's care. The matron did look slightly terrified when they had entered the ward, but after seeing it was just a bad hit on the nose, she relaxed significantly and went on to employ her handy healing charms.

"Episkey!" The sound of Remus' nose snapping back into place, followed by a groan, made James and Sirius cringe.

"He knows what he did." Sirius answered, glaring at the werewolf. "He deserved it for being a fucking prick."

"What did he do?" The ball for James and Peter had gone very differently. Actually, it had gone exactly how a ball should go for everyone, without angry outbursts and acts of jealousy.

"He followed Callisto to the Astronomy Tower just to yell at her." Sirius briefly explained, turning to Remus. "Go ahead, tell Prongs."

"Since when are you her bodyguard?" Remus questioned, cleaning the blood from his jaw and mouth.

"I'm her friend, not her bodyguard." Sirius hissed. "You had no right to say all that shit to her."

"I know."

"Then why did you do that?" Sirius asked, completely dumbfounded. If Remus knew what he was doing was wrong, then why did he go on with it?

Remus didn't reply, focusing more on cleaning the blood that seemed to have seeped in every nook and cranny of his face and hands. He knew that he was hurting her with every word he said, but he was too angry and bitter to hold back. She should have slapped him the moment he mentioned Regulus being a death eater, instead of trying to knock some sense into his head. Maybe then he wouldn't have fucked up as royally as he did.

"What did you even say?" James asked, his tone hardening a bit. "I mean, how bad could it be?"

"I said that Regulus was just like his parents."