𝐁𝐄𝐀𝐒𝐓𝐋𝐘 𝐏𝐔𝐍𝐈𝐒𝐇𝐌𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐒

Song: Like Real People Do (Hozier)"We should just kiss like real people do

Song:
Like Real People Do (Hozier)
"We should just kiss like real people do."

"Someone is cheery." Narcissa observed as Callisto grabbed a croissant and sat down on the table with a wide smile. It was true, Callisto was awfully cheery today. You can usually determine how a day is going to go from how the morning is, and if everything went according to her plan, this morning would be great.

"Just had a good night's sleep." She mused, taking a bite from the croissant and inspecting the table where all the professors were eating. Collins was sitting with the rest of them, chatting with Pomona Sprout enthusiastically. Well, Callisto wouldn't describe Pomona's expression as anywhere near enthusiastic, but Collins seemed to be super into the conversation, flailing her arms around and nodding emphatically.

"What are you looking at?" Narcissa asked, following Callisto's stare to the table. "Why are you looking at Collins?"

Callisto rolled her eyes, "Because I'm in love with her."

"I'll wait and I'll see then."

She didn't have to wait long. Because the thing about talking too much is that soon enough, your throat will dry out and you will find yourself in need of some cool water. So, it came as no surprise to Callisto when Collins picked up her goblet and drank a generous dose of the water and then some more. Callisto smirked slightly as a confused expression took over Collins' face and she yelped before she shrank into something so small that Callisto couldn't see her from where she was. That was until a ferret jumped up on the table, shrieking loudly. Every sound in the Great Hall disappeared except for the constant shrieking, and all eyes turned to the small ferret sitting on the table. Laughter erupted at the sight of the transformed teacher and Callisto got up from the table, a smile of triumph on her lips.

The last thing she saw before she left the room was Pomona Sprout and Minerva McGonagall, trying to hide their laughter, and Dumbledore raising his glass in a small toast towards her direction.

It seemed like she wasn't the only one that hated Collins.

~ ~ ~

"Yes?" Callisto asked, closing her book and putting it on the nightstand. DADA had been cancelled until Collins returned back to normal, meaning that Callisto had secured at least two extra hours of relaxation.

"It's Remus." A voice called from the other side of the door. Callisto got up and went to open the door, straightening her shirt with a frantic movement and letting her hair now.

"What do you want?" She asked, accidentally coming off a bit too aggressive.

"You're not even going to let me in?" Remus teased, smirking lightly. Callisto rolled her eyes and stopped to the side, frowning slightly at the way he moved. His hands were behind his back, and the moment he entered the room, he turned around so she would face him instead of his back.