𝐋'𝐎𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐈𝐎 𝐒𝐔𝐎𝐍𝐀 𝐃𝐎𝐃𝐈𝐂𝐈

Song:Starring Role (MARINA)"It almost feels like a joke to play a part, when you are not a starrin' role, in someone else's heart"

Song:
Starring Role (MARINA)
"It almost feels like a joke to play a part, when you are not a starrin' role, in someone else's heart"

A/N: references to abusive relationship.

The night was still, not a single sound interrupting the thick silence. In its own way, nature was preparing itself for the imminent betrayal that was going to follow, putting on a show and acting as a reminder that human troubles are nothing compared to the continuity of the universe. Higher forces had stopped controlling nature to prepare mortals for the future, finding it more entertaining to be a simple, omniscient by-stander.

The clock struck twelve, a single figure of a woman roaming the dark grounds of Hogwarts, her hands buried in the pockets of her coat. It was too big for her, the only thing Nicholas had bothered to leave behind, knowing that Callisto would need his presence at some point. It was comforting, the scent of his cologne charmed on the thick, cotton material of the dark blue jacket. The heels of her boots clicked on the pavement, acting as a compass for the two hidden figures following her.

If Callisto was paying attention, she would have been able to hear the frantic footsteps behind her. It would have been enough for her to turn around, where two pairs of shoes would be the only visible thing. A pair of worn out, dark brown converse with colorful socks sticking out and a pair of loafers with light pink shoelaces. She would have laughed, pulling the Invisibility Cloak from Peter Pettigrew and Remus Lupin who would pretend it was all a coincidence. Unfortunately, the girl was too deep in thought to notice anything, her eyes focused on the Whomping Willow.

Remus Lupin had meant well. His intentions were pure, stemming from the need to make sure Callisto wouldn't get in trouble. He didn't even want to think of her getting harmed anymore. Images of her covered in blood circulated his mind for all those weeks, making sure he knew that he wouldn't the able to handle something like that. It was an act of love, masked by the fake friendship imposed on the both of them. Yet, it would have more catastrophic consequences than he could ever imagine.

It would never be Remus Lupin's fault.

The girl finally reached the Whomping Willow, the two boys keeping a safe distance from her. Callisto didn't have to wait for long, another woman approaching her, a small smile of relief on her dark lips.

"Monica."

And Peter Pettigrew froze, the image in front of him being so clear, yet so confusing. He didn't understand why Callisto seemed so obviously uncomfortable in the presence of his girlfriend, or why Monica seemed to be so happy to see Callisto. He didn't understand why Remus was tightening his grip around his wand, his jaw clenched and eyes focused on the pair with insane concentration.

"I told you to leave me alone." Callisto stated, taking the paper from her pocket and pointing at it aggressively. "What the fuck is that?"

"You came." Monica mumbled, letting out a relieved, genuine laugh. "That means you care. You don't want to care, but you still do."