𝐁𝐀𝐂𝐇𝐄𝐋𝐎𝐑𝐄𝐓𝐓𝐄'𝐒 𝐒𝐇𝐄𝐍𝐀𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐀𝐍𝐒

Song: Champagne problems (Taylor Swift)"She would've made such a lovely bride; What a shame she's fucked in the head

Song:
Champagne problems (Taylor Swift)
"She would've made such a lovely bride; What a shame she's fucked in the head."

James, Sirius, Peter and Lily arrived at the Lawson Manor early in the morning, two days before the wedding. However, everyone had failed to notify Callisto about the one missing person that made her heart ache. When she saw them coming out of the large fireplace, she felt the excitement spiking up in her blood, only for every thought in her brain to stop when she noticed that Remus simply wasn't there.

She pretended she didn't care. In fact, she pretended that she hadn't noticed this "minor" detail until James pointed it out. In her brain, her acting was worth a million dollars when in reality, the smile fading from her face as she quickly glanced at them was enough to shatter her act. That, and the fact that she hadn't even mentioned him at all. Perhaps it's a bit of a sneaky tip, but if you ever want to pretend you don't care about someone, don't act like they don't exist. It's telling. Perhaps even more telling than constantly raving on about them.

Following her and Nicholas' advice to the smallest details, the four had managed to pass as purebloods of the highest caliber with exceptional ease. Even though Lily's case was suspected to be the hardest, her perfect manners and classy attitude sprinkled with a bit of fake arrogance quickly put her in Milena's good books. James didn't take that well at all, mostly because she was presented as his third cousin.

"Put gloves on." Nicholas sighed, shaking his head. They were all sitting in Callisto's private bathroom around a cauldron that was strategically placed inside the bathtub. Callisto herself was inside the bathtub as well, her hair thrown up in a ponytail that was barely holding up as she chopped up the tails of a few, poor lizards.

"Fuck off."

"You could get injured." Lily tried to talk some sense into her as Peter handed her a small vial. "If you have a wound open and the venom gets in you could turn into a werewolf, Callisto."

"I know what I'm doing." The girl insisted, opening the vial Peter gave her. The thick golden liquid was so potent that it barely managed to trickle out of the vial and fell in the cauldron, turning the color of the potion to a honey yellow one. It truly resembled honey, Callisto pondered, hoping that it would taste a fraction of how good it looked.

"So what are you going to do with it now?" Sirius asked, missing the sky smirk in Callisto's lips. She hadn't let them know what she was planning to do with the poison. The only person that knew was Nicholas but he had let him believe that the guys and Lily knew and had agreed with her plan. That wasn't the case. The girl knew well that if she confessed who she truly was preparing the poison for, they wouldn't have brought the venom to her in the first place. She would have felt guilty for not disclosing her plan if she wasn't as desperate for this wedding to collapse.

"Wait what!"

Before anyone was able to react, Callisto filled the cup with the potion and brought it to her lips, managing to down it right as James slapped it off her hands. Unlike what she was hoping for, the potion left a bitter taste that burned her tongue and œsophage before her lungs started to feel like they were on fire. Thankfully, the burning sensation started to subside as she swallowed the last drop of potion and she coughed, her eyes watering.