𝐂𝐀𝐑𝐌𝐄𝐍 & 𝐅𝐋𝐎𝐑𝐄𝐍𝐂𝐄

Song: Tear you Apart (She Wants Revenge)"But the slip turns to terror and a crush to light

Song:
Tear you Apart (She Wants Revenge)
"But the slip turns to terror and a crush to light. When she walked in, he froze up, believe its the fright."

A/N: TW: Men being creepy

SEPTEMBER 1978

Nobody seemed to worry about the two girls slipping in the crowd, their hair perfectly cascading their backs as they looked at the crowd with a look of artificial superiority. Their dresses were long, covering the wands strapped to their thighs. It wasn't ladylike, no it was a crude movement, having your wand out at such prestigious events.

Besides, why would a woman need to carry her wand in a dinner amongst the most powerful wizards of the country?

One brunette and one redhead, their features slightly altered for the sake of the disguise, navigating one of the most ambitious missions for the Order of the Phoenix.

"Have you seen the painting gallery, Mr. Rowley?" Callisto Claire asked, looking up at the man through her fluttery eyelashes. It was an open invitation to get away from the party, and how could he have said no to it when a creature as beautiful as the pureblood lady standing in front of him, asked him so gracefully to accompany her?

"I'm afraid not." He smiled. "Are you interested in art, Carmen?"

"Yes, my father was very fond of Renaissance paintings." She answered, drinking some of her champagne. Instinctively, he raised his glass and drank some himself, completely missing the smirk on her red lips. "Would you like to accompany me there? I heard Mr. Greengrass got his hands on a few portraits of Morgana, which I'd really love to see."

"Of course." Rowle agreed, finishing his champagne. "Shall we?"

Callisto looked over at his extended hand, hiding her disgust with a shy smile as she gingerly placed her hand on his. His palm was cold and made shivers run up her spine, but she kept her composure as she followed him out of the room.

Her eyes met Lily's from across the room, a short nod of acknowledgement as she put on her most charming smile and turned to Avery. The story of her father being a Renaissance painting lover was on the tip of Lily's tongue.

Callisto let the man guide her to the painting gallery, vaguely aware of the sweat forming in his palm. A wave of relief cursed through her; it was the first definite sign that everything was going according to plan.

"What are you occupied with at the moment?" Rowle asked, turning to glance down at her.

"Sculpture." And poisoning you. "I've been practicing for five years now."

"How interesting." He hummed in approval. "I'd really like to see some of your work some day, if that is okay with you and your guardian, of course."

"My father thinks very highly of you, Mr. Rowle." Callisto smiled, as he opened the door to the gallery. "I doubt any issues will occur."