𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐄𝐗 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐄𝐀𝐃 𝐁𝐎𝐘𝐅𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐍𝐃

Song:My Tears Ricochet (Taylor Swift)"And you can aim for my heart, go for blood

Song:
My Tears Ricochet (Taylor Swift)
"And you can aim for my heart, go for blood. But you would still miss me in your bones."

NOVEMBER 1980

"There's something going on here."

To say that Callisto had expected Narcissa to bring the situation up at some point, would be an understatement.

It had been two weeks since the mission.

Two entire weeks of nightmares, of paranoia, of everything she thought she'd never fall victim to.

Tobias had been there through it all.

He had been there to change her bandages, to wake her up when she kept screaming in her sleep, to take all of her anger out on when things got a bit too much for her to handle. He had been there to make her laugh, to distract her from the full moon high in the sky as she paced up and down the room nervously.

She hadn't managed to get Remus out of her head for a single second, but it helped having someone to divert her attention on.

"Meaning?"

"Meaning that you and Tobias are very touchy." Narcissa explained, taking her eyes momentarily off the road to glance at her. "Are you two dating?"

"No, don't be silly."

"Do you want to date him?"

"No."

"Then?"

"He's sweet."

"No, he isn't." Narcissa snorted. "He's sweet with you. Don't get it twisted."

Callisto didn't reply.

"I think he's kind of into you." Narcissa continued. "And I think it's a horrible idea."

"Excuse me?"

"You're in love with your ex, and he's in love with his dead boyfriend." Narcissa bluntly said. "It gets even more fucked up if you think that his boyfriend was your best friend."

There was not much to argue with. She had thought about all that a million times over, and still she found herself unable to make the right decision. Tobias was in a frail state, perhapes frailer than hers. She was using him, but she couldn't stand the loneliness.

Actually, no, she could stand the loneliness. It was the abandonment that was killing her.

She had been left behind one too many times, it always seemed to end up with her all alone, trying to understand where she had gone wrong.

The first time, she hadn't been the daughter her parents had dreamed of.
The second time, she hadn't been desirable enough to make Monica truly love her.
The third time, she hadn't been enough of anything. Not fun enough, not interesting enough, not loving enough. She was lacking in every compartment, and once Remus had seen through the fancy exterior, he understood that her heart was hollow. There was nothing there to keep him, nothing she could ever give him that would be enough.