Chapter 13

"Abby Miller?" a male doctor comes out in blue scrubs

"Abby Miller?" a male doctor comes out in blue scrubs. I stand up and put my phone in my legging pocket and follow him in the room. "I'm Doctor K. and I'll be your doctor today," he smiles and stands out the way so I can go in the small room with heaps of machines.

He nods towards the bed so I get up on it, laying down as he puts some blue gloves on. "Alrighty," he breathes out, wheeling a ultrasound machine over. "Just you today?" he asks.

"Yeah N- my boyfriend couldn't make it sadly," I lie.

"That's totally fine, I'm just going to have a feel around, is that okay?" he asks, lifting up my hoodie as I nod to his question. "How far along are you?" he presses his fingers around my lower stomach.

"11 weeks," I say. He feels around areas and he tilts his head with raised eyebrows. "Is everything okay?" I ask.

"Everything is fine," he smiles, getting a bottle of gel. "Is it okay if I do a quick ultrasound?" he holds the wand and gel. "Of course, do what you need," I smile.

He nods, squeezing gel on my stomach and pushes the wand around to spread the gel around. "Okay," he sing songs, pressing a button on the screen behind me and on the wand. His eyes fixate on the screen as he moves the wand around.

His eyes widen and smiles.

"Do you want to hear the heartbeat?" he asks but I'm already nodding. He presses another button so weird noises fill the room until a rapid heartbeat fills the room. My eyes light up and I drop my jaw but I listen closer and hear...two?

"Miss Miller," he smiles but I snap my head to the screen behind me. "Congratulations, it's twins," he beams and you can hear it in his voice.

Two rapid heartbeats fill the room and two clear images of babies show the outline which makes me gasp and cup my mouth.

I was pregnant with two babies.

"They both seem perfectly healthy," he smiles

"Oh my god!" I can't breathe properly. I stare at the screen like it's a alien and bite my tongue.