Chapter 62

Emma Rines

6 days ago.

After throwing up after eating what Nate and I had for dinner, I was worried. I haven't been feeling the best these past weeks and I knew what this meant. I stood in the bathroom in my bra and shorts because I had taken my shirt off for a reason. I had three different pregnancy tests unboxed on the counter.

I stare at my lower stomach that was flat, I hover my hands above it before I hold two fingers on each hand. I place them on my stomach and press on my lower stomach, on my uterus. I feel around and soon as I hit the centre, I gasp and pull my hands away.

I widen my eyes and drop my jaw, pressing on it again. I feel around to feel a tiny hard ball in the centre of my uterus. I knew exactly what it was and I suddenly started sweating. I grabbed all three of the tests, ripping all the boxes open, dumping out all the tests, reading the instructions but all of them were the same. Pee in a cup, leave the tests there for 3 minuets and wait 3-5 minuets. 

I peed in a cup and put all the tests in there. I sat there sweating as I waited for the results, hearing Nate screaming at his game like always. They were positive. I knew they were, what else was that in my lower stomach? It all makes sense.

Positive.

Positive.

Positive.

I stare at them, putting the caps on all of them.  Of course I'm pregnant. Nate's not going to like this at all. He's never liked kids. Even if I brought up the word baby, he would be like; "I don't want one so why would I think about one?". He didn't want them so if this was an accident, I don't know what was going to happen. I didn't cry, I simply closed my eyes, grabbed the tests and slowly open the door to hear the clicks of his controller as I went into his gaming room.

"Nate..." I hide the pregnancy tests in my hand as I walk up to him. He looks up at me as he talks to his friends over the headset, not putting his game controller down. He moves his eyes back to his gaming screen. "Can you please stop playing your game for a few seconds, please?" I repeat please twice in a soft voice.

He doesn't answer me at first, simply nodding. "Fucking cunt!" he then yells, throwing his controller down. He was always raging at the game, his friends making him mad so I have to deal with it later.

"Nate...this is important, please?" I sigh, standing in front of his screen. "I would tell you after your game of it wasn't important, you know that," I feel myself tear up a little but it's not noticeable.

"Emma never asks to talk to you in the middle of a game, we can play after," I hear his friend say which makes him roll his eyes.

"See you cunts later," he mutters, angry at the game he clearly wasn't winning. He leaves the party and takes his headset off, running his hands through his hair. "What do you want to say," he sighs.

"Um," I lean on his gaming desk, my hands behind my back still with the pregnancy tests in my hoodie sleeve.

"Are you okay?" he sits up, grabbing my hips.

"Um..." I shake my head after pausing. "No..?" I shrug, wiping my tear with my free hand.

"Wait, why are you crying?" he stands up.

"I'm scared, to tell you, if I'm being honest," I look down. He stands up.

"Why?" he whispers. "You can tell me anything," he whispers, tucking hair behind my ear before kissing me. It was a slow and soft kiss that when he pulled away softly, it made our lips smack so loud I think you could have heard it from another room.