Chapter 78

Abby Miller
My stomach hadn't grown much in 2 weeks but I was 38 weeks and was getting closer. It just turned November the other day, my due date was the 27th. So when I got up in the middle of the night with a huge splash of water falling from my legs, I screamed.

Niall shot up with his eyes wide open and his eyes snapping to mine instantly. He looked at my legs that were wet from the amniotic fluid. My chest heaved as we stared at each other for about 10 seconds. He switched the lamp on.

"Fuck!" he jumped up in sweatpants, rushing over to me. I pant, my eyes filling with tears. My vision feels hazy and I grab his forearms to stable myself. I stare at the wall, hyperventilating and I couldn't hear anything for a good 20 seconds. "It's okay, just breathe, please don't panic," Niall comforted me, tucking hair behind my ear.

"O-O-Oh my god," I couldn't speak. Suddenly, my stomach tightens so I grab Niall and cling to him like he's a teddy bear. "Ow, ow, ow, ow," I grit, whining and then letting out a sob.

"It's okay baby, just breathe, in and out," he sways me from side to side which helps with my hip pain.

I start crying, a full on sob. Tears shoot down my cheeks and I hug Niall so tightly. I let out what sounds and feels like cries for help. He hugs me back, rubbing my back.

"It's okay baby," he whispers. "Shhh," he shushes soothingly. "It's okay baby," his voice cracks because he hates it when I cry. "Please don't cry, I hate it when you cry,"

"I'm scared," I sniff, he grabs the sides of my head, rubbing his thumbs all over my cheekbones.

"Don't be, the nurses at the hospital will make sure you have everything you need," he kisses my head god knows how many times.

"But after today we'll have the twins, we aren't ready!" I panic, inhaling doubled because of my tears.

"Well, we have to be," he presses his lips to mine. "One of them broke their water and we need to go, these babies are coming today,"

"I can feel him dropping," I put a dress on that I wore to a concert and side ons. He wears sweatpants and a shirt. Luckily our bag was already packed so we just had to get that and go. It had clothes for me, him, Blake and Rubes with other things.

I didn't know what to do, I stood there with my hands on my hips as I move them in a figure 8. He was getting everything ready, as I was breathing heavily.

When we were ready to go it was about 5am which is about me standing there for 2 hours, moving my hips and moving around a bit but not much. We called our doctor and she said she'd be down here waiting for us and that we should go now because I had 4 contractions in 2 hours.

We didn't tell anyone I was in labour and would do it later and at a reasonable time. Niall drove us to hospital and I was still in shock that we might have twins by the end of the day. I texted my mom because she's always up early.

Me: morning, i know it's early but...my water broke....so yeah, that's cool :|

Mom: oh my god, say no more i'll meet you there, best of luck x

When we got there, they gave me a wheelchair because I honestly couldn't stand. We got a private room where I was put into a gown and sat on the bed. As soon as I sat, all the pains hit me at once, my hip, pelvis, tail and my femur.

Niall sat on the chair next to the bed and held my hand and kissed it. "You okay baby?" he cups my hands in his, rubbing them a little.

"Oh, I'm great," I smile sheepishly. "God, this is hard, I just feel pain everywhere," I toss my head back.