Chapter 79

Niall Horan

I slide out of her grip and her body rolls onto her side. I know she's in pain and I can't do anything about it which makes me feel bad but she's rejected any type of pain relief.

I was hungry so I walk down the hall, seeing her mom with a coffee in her hand. "Hey," I sit in the free seat next to her.

"Hey, how is she?"

"She's asleep...but I've got to ask is there a reason she won't take any pain relief?"

She looks down at her coffee, nodding a little. My heart sank. She's obviously not taking any because of this reason.

"Her father," she speaks softly.

My lips part...I know how much she loved her father.

"He abused many drugs," she looks at me with sorrow. "Did Abby tell you how he passed?"

"A car accident?" I question.

"Yeah...how do you think it happened?" she then says. I take a deep breath and try not to cry. "Because he was high on a drug, leaving Abby and I by ourselves,"

"That's horrible," I sigh.

"Even when I was pregnant with Abby, he would go out and get high with his friends all the time and it killed him, and Abby won't touch a drug ever again, not pain killers or anything because she doesn't want her kids to turn out like her father, it's quiet sad actually," she explains, ending with a sigh.

"That does sound sad, I'm sorry you both went through that,"

"It was years ago, I got over it but I guess Abby hasn't and in a way  I don't think she ever will," she looks at the ceiling.

"It makes sense now, but I would never force her into anything," I point out.

"I'm glad she found you, Niall," she smiles at me making my heart flutter.

"I'm glad I found her," I smile too.

"I don't like bringing this up around you but, I didn't know what happened between her and Harrison but she looks a lot happier with you," she smiles.

"She never told you?" I cut to the point firstly.

"Never," she shakes her head. "I thought they were dating and the next thing I know she's asking to go on tour with you guys and then a week later she calls me and tells me she's pregnant with your babies," she says.

"It's not my place to say, otherwise I would tell you,"

"I appreciate that," she smiles. "Abby will tell me when she's ready." she nods. "Thank you,"

"What for?"

"Being with Abby,"

"It was fate," I shrug.

"You think fate put you two together?"

"How else would she be pregnant?"

"Well...you know how a baby is conceived right?"

"Oh, yes of course I do," I snicker.

"I guess you could say that and fate," she snickers.

"Yeah well, I'm happy I'm with her, and hopefully for the rest of my life,"

She smiles. "I can't believe you're going to do that, when?"

"If all goes well, tomorrow night," I blush.

"Oh my god, that's so exciting!" she grins.

I smile.

**

the accident || n.h ✔जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें