Chapter 68

wholesome chapter in my opinion.

Niall Horan
"They're just Braxton Hicks," the doctor said.

I stare at him, Abby's hand was holding mine so tightly our knuckles turned white. She was in a big hospital room, she was in a hospital gown, connected to machines.

"What are those?" he asks.

"Your babies and body are practicing for labour pretty much, they are a scare but common," he says, holding a clipboard.

"So...it's normal to get them?" I ask.

"Yes, you may have more but when your water breaks, that'll be the sign," he says. "If you feel more and you get worried that something might be wrong, just go to your doctor, but I can tell you right now, your babies are healthy and you are too, I wouldn't be worried. For all we know the contractions could stop," he says which makes me and her both nod.

"Okay," she nods, rubbing her stomach.

"They just gave you a scare, they have to stay in there for at least 38 weeks or they might be premature and that's not always the best thing,"

"What if they are?" I ask, holding her hand atill.

"A few weeks in the NICU, or until they can pass the car seat test,"

"Car seat test?" I furrow my brows.

"Where a infant sits in their car seat for and hour and a half and to pass no machines can go off," he says making us both nod.

"So we can go?" Abby asks. "Hospitals worry me," she whispers.

"You're good to go, if you have any questions, call a doctor, I know you guys are touring the world so just call your nearest doctor," he nods.

"Alright, thank you," we smile as he leaves. She throws her head back with a sigh of relief.

"Thank god," she closes her eyes and smiles. "You guys can't come out for a long time," she rubs her stomach, patting it.

"You gave your mom and I, a heart attack," I sigh, reaching over and rubbing her tight stomach. "God, there's not that much room in there anymore," I widen my eyes as I stroke it.

"Yeah," she sighs. "God now I have to put the uncomfortable shoes and dress back on," she whines.

"I still have this on," I gesture to my suit. "We can go home, shower and then relax," I smile.

"Does...relaxing mean...?" she plays with her nails.

"That's risky, isn't it?"

"How?" she gets up, a nurse coming in to undo the machine cords from her.

"You're in here because of Braxton Hicks and you want to do that?" I say with a filter considering the nurse is in here.

"Why not?" she whines as the nurse leaves.

"I don't want to do anything to the babies," I shake my head, helping her into her underwear and bra.

"Ugh, at least let me suck you off?" she pouts.

"How can I say no to that?" I wink with a small smirk. She smirks and puts her dress on, untucking her hair and grabbing her shoulder bag.

"We also need to let the fans know the genders so, I'm gonna do more questions on the bus to Tennessee, so then I can answer them," she grins.

"Sure, but we need to leave early tomorrow to make it back to Nashville on time," I grab her hand as we walk down the hall. She nods, looking around.