ʷʰⁱᵗᵉ ˢᵒʳᶜᵉʳᵉˢˢ

With a heavy heart. Coleen carefully tied her final letter on the branch of the tree. A small droplets of tears were escaping her eyes.

"He'll understand Coleen. He's really nice base from what I heard from your stories." Her friend Yvel comforted her with such words.

Coleen and Yvel are leaving tonight to head to the city.

It's been a while since Coleen met Yvel. A moon goddess.

Coleen is white sorceress. The last of her endangered race. Many of her people died because of dark hearted sorcerers who stole their white souls. She is the last survivor of the white sorcerers so she did everything she could to keep herself hidden and alive.

It was hard for her to trust Yvel at first when they first met. But when she learned that Yvel is the new moon goddess. Coleen was relieved to find someone who can protect her and be her friend.

She was glad that Yvel promised to keep her safe as long as she help her to find what she is searching for. Although they are both not aware of what Yvel searches for. Coleen suggested that they should go to the city where there is a high chance for Yvel to feel if it's anywhere there.

And because of that. Coleen had no other choice but to bid her farewell to her mysterious friend, Trevor.

Coleen and Trevor had been writing to each other for a long time.

The mysterious boy is just so sweet and very gentle base from all of his letters to her. It would sometime feel like they're writing love letters to each other but they always refer to each other as friend.

Coleen knew she had developed feelings for this strange boy. But maybe leaving him and not meeting him will be the best thing to protect her identity.
Because she still doesn't know if Trevor is ready enough and someone she can trust to protect her secret.

And so Coleen and Yvel travelled to the city in a form of beautiful white butterflies.

The two enrolled into college and because they didn't have the primary educations to enter, Coleen had to use a bit of her magic.

The two shared a dorm together. They were more than delighted as they look forward for their college life as freshmen.

Before the first day of school begins. Coleen and Yvel are always hanging out doing road trip all over the city. A part of their search on which they can also enjoy their time.

But to the moon goddess' dismay. She didn't found anything that gives her any hint to be close to what she is looking for.

And so finally.

The first day of college life finally begins.

Yvel and Coleen were both delighted and looked forward for their day.

After getting a breakfast at the school's cafe, Yvel and Coleen went to their first class together.

The two have different schedules but they have a few subjects where they will be having joint classes. And the first class is one of them.

Both girls were so happy as they watch the classroom getting filled with many students.

Everyone's wearing fancy clothes and talking random things to each other as they smile and giggle.

"So this is college life!" Yvel chuckled and watched the students pouring in the classroom.

But one student took them both in a high surprise.

A tall boy with black raven hair entered the room. But to their surprise, the tall boy suddenly threw them the same look at them.

Coleen and Yvel used their magic to mask their real scent. So if ever, another creatures get close to them. They would only smell their scent as humans despite of sensing something different from them.

The tall guy looked at them with the same surprised expression. He literally frozed on his spot while staring at Coleen and Yvel. So when new students came, they had to tap him so he'll proceed walking.

Coleen and Yvel thought he'll eventually ignore the weird staring battle. But the guy suddenly sat beside them both.

The girls immediately looked at him surprised. And that's where they got a good intake of his scent.

It was mix. And definitely not his original his scent. There were mixture of two strong scents that masks his real scent. And when he sat beside them, he was carrying this naturally cold aura around him.

"Hi." The guy suddenly greeted and smiled at them.

Yvel visibly choked and started coughing while the guy simply laughed at her reaction.

"H-hi." The two greeted back and looked at each other. As if telepathically saying they should move to another seat. Yet that would be rude.

"You girls seem new here. I haven't seen you two before." The guy stated.

"W-we're uh... new here." Yvel said whilst trying not to make eye contact with him.

"My name is Samuel. I'm the President of the Student Council. So if you two have any concerns in this school, you can always approach me since I'll always be around." He said to the two with one last smile before he stood up and moved to another seat.

Yvel and Coleen finally noticed the varsity jacket he was wearing. It was the same jacket as those jocks sitting at the last row. Must be the guy's friends.

"He's weird right? Sitting with us out of the blue." Coleen whispered at Yvel and the two giggled. Briefly turning around only to see the jocks looking and smiling at them. Including Samuel.

"But. You smelled him too right? He smell different. I can't tell what it is though." Yvel said to her and she looked a little concern and bothered by it.

"He smells like a bird. But not the typical ones. I assume he must've had a very rare bird as his pet and always kept it around him. Maybe the scent kind of stucked with him." Coleen explained.

"And there's another one. I can't tell what it is either but I'm pretty sure it's just one of the animals on earth I haven't encountered before. It could be a penguin so who knows right?" Coleen giggled.

The two continued talking until their professor finally arrived and their unexpected boring lesson began.

I hope you liked the chapter.
Don't forget to vote and comment to share your thoughts.