ˢᵃᵐᵘᵉˡ ᵃⁿᵈ ʰⁱˢ ᶠᵉᵃʳ

Samuel wasted no time and started running quickly. He was unlucky to have many souls behind his tail so he really had quite the hard time to lose each of them.

And he wasn't actually the athletic type of person and his running is kind of slow despite the advantage of having long legs.
Samuel was quick to get tired so he would keep shooting ice blades to the souls but it was of no avail.

I mean their souls😕

After atleast an hour and a half. Samuel managed to escape the dozens of souls. But unfortunately, he found himself stucked in three dead ends over and over again.

I guess Jessi was right. I really suck with directions.
The time keeper groaned as he rubbed his temples in frustration.

"Okay! Think! You'll never get out of this maze if you act rashly. Think rational!" Samuel said to himself while gesturing with his hands.

"Uhh. So this is the home of demons. Everything good that I do to survive should be the opposite here." He mumbled and rubbed his chin with his thumb. Ransacking whatever's left of his braincells.

"Geez. Yalex cheats all the time!" He suddenly chuckled out of nowhere and notice the wall of bush in front of him.

It's only just leaves and branches. I'm stronger than it!
He thought rather proudly while brushing his fingers on the bush.

The winter prince chuckled before effortlessly pulling a part of the bush. Until he was able to make a hole big enough for him to fit through.

Samuel quickly made it pass the wall. He was tapping the leaves on his clothes until he noticed a figure on the ground from his peripheral vision.

"Sh*t!!! Trevor!!!" Samuel bellowed and quickly bolted towards the boy.

Samuel immediately retracted his hand from the boy's body when he felt the thick liquid coated his hands.
Even though it was dark, his eyes had the ability to see in the darkness. And he was definitely sure that whatever's in his hand. It is definitely blood.

Samuel's hand started shaking as he shifted his gaze to Trevor's face. The large slit on his throat were visible to him and his hair had a different shade.
It used to be silver and ash colored. But now it was completely black.

H-He's dead?

"T-Trevor?" He called but got no response.

He started shaking the boy's body and eventually realized that he couldn't feel any life presence in him. Like he literally have a slit on his throat.
Unlike other black sorcerers. Trevor is different and he have a few traits that are similar from white creatures. So Samuel finds it easy to feel his presence.

But now.
He felt nothing from him. He shows no difference from corpses.

"Trevor please wake up! I'm here now. Just wake up please!" Samuel cried and cradled the dead body on his arms.

"I'm so sorry. I'm sorry I failed you. I'm sorry I couldn't kept my promise." He continued crying. Soon enough, the corpse began dissipating into dusts.

Samuel cried as he didn't and wasn't ready to let him go. He could feel a huge surge of pain attacking him and it made him feel the worse.

Trevor had gone so much and he was never able to help make it easy for him.
Maybe Gammon was right. Trevor will be always in danger whenever he's in the team. But now he's dead.

The prince could only cry as he continues to chant as many sorry as he could utter. But his grief was quick to be interrupted upon hearing a familiar scream from behind him.

Samuel didn't bother to guess who it is as he could recognize that the scream is clearly from Jade.

Samuel ran as fast as he could. An overwhelming fear was chasing after him.
A fear that he might be late to help the princess. The first person ever that he admire the most in all of his existence.

But the sooner Samuel arrived. He was greeted by two of his friends.
There was Yvel and Rhian. Rhian was standing behind Yvel while she sat on the ground. The dead body of the mermaid princess was lying on her arms.

Both of the SATES were crying.

"Samuel?" Rhian said the sooner she saw their leader.

"She's dead! What are we going to do now!?" Yvel cried and hugged the dead body.

Samuel was too stunned to utter any word. His gaze was glued towards the princess and even death could not falter her incomparable beauty.

Samuel slowly stalked towards them. Crouching as he takes a better look of Jade.
Her skin was pale and he could vividly see her scales were somehow making its appearance clear. She had a huge patch of blood on her stomach, a deep injury hidden beneath it. Must be the reason why she's no longer breathing.

"Trevor and Coleen are dead too." Rhian muttered as she tries to hold back her tears.

"I tried to help them. But Jade was injured. So those two sacrificed themselves to give us time to run. But there was a weird lizard thing that came after us!" Yvel cried as she explains to Samuel. The sense of disappointment, the pain and the fear were all there.

"What do we do now?" Rhian asked. She looked very desperate as tears finally rained her cheeks.

"I don't know." Samuel mumbled as he sobbed quietly. He gently picked Jade's hand and held it on his.

Why would this happen now?

Everything was going right into my plan...

Why would things change from what I saw....

"Did we fail?" Rhian asked and Samuel immediately shook his head before shifting his attention to the vampire.

"None of this are real!"

 I hope you liked the chapter.
Don't forget to vote and comment to share your thoughts.