ᵗʰᵉ ᵛⁱˢⁱᵒⁿ

"Let's move!" Samuel announced as he tapped off the dusts on his clothes despite being useless. Gesturing everyone to get on their feet.

Nothing much really happened for the first hour of their arrival. The three younger members have also calmed down and composed themselves. Although they are still scared of what's to come, but they believe that they are too much of a wimp for someone as powerful as them if they keep being scared.

It's alright to be scared. It also helps to survive...

"Where are we even going? We're like in a complete wasteland." Rhian said while helping Trevor to stand up.

"We're going to look for a fight. That's what we're doing!" Jade chuckled but merely just to lift the heavy mood. But anyone clearly can't buy a joke, especially in that place.

"We have to keep going. Staying here won't help us at all." Samuel said and started walking ahead. The others following right behind him. "If things started coming. We'll be cornered here."

"But WHERE exactly are we going? Do we just walk and wait for souls to greet us and say 'Hi! I'm a dead soul! Let's fight!'." Rhian mimicked while gesturing with her hands and Samuel could only roll his eyes.

"Yes. We're doing exactly that!" He said before focusing his gaze ahead.

They kept their guard up and alertly scans their surroundings. As Samuel instructed, they just kept walking for what seems like an endless wasteland.

And a half an hour after they started walking, Samuel abruptly stopped when he spotted a figure standing quite far from them. But it was close enough for Samuel to conclude that it is a figure of a human body. Probably the soul that Yalex was talking about.

"W-what is that?" Yvel asked in a shaky voice and quickly hid behind Jade.

Rhian heightened her sight. Taking a better look of the figure.
It was a woman base from her long and messy hair. Which kind of confused her because it's windy everywhere but the figure's hair is not moving at all. She was standing with her back facing the group. The woman is wearing an old and ragged hanbok. It had many cuts and rips indicating that this woman died from battle. She have no left arm too. Like it was cut off.

"She must be a soul from the old dinasty." Trevor mumbled as he was reading from Rhian's mind.

Unlike earlier. Trevor no longer shows any signs of fear. Although he is so afraid right now, he expertedly masked it with a blunt expression. It's a technique that he always wanted to use against his father and Yalex. But both are demons and are clearly stronger than him.

"We avoid her? Or we fight?" Ysabella asked and looked at Samuel waiting for a reply.

"It's too early for a fight. We only just arrived. I think it's best if we avoid her for now!" Jade said and Samuel nodded, agreeing to her.

They started walking back while Rhian remain standing on her spot with her eyes glued to the figure.
And was she wrong to expect that it will move?

Rhian quickly stopped Coleen and held her by her shoulder and the girl only gave her a confused look.

"What?" She asked and Rhian slowly pointed at the figure that is now fully facing them.

Coleen saw her too. And both of them got a better look of her face. She had a huge slit from her left forehead down to her right cheek. Exposing a bit of her skull. One of her eyes is shut due to the large cut, while the other eye is blinded.

"I-is she gonna come to us?" Coleen asked and everyone quickly turned around at her question. Seeing the figure as well.

"She look hurt. What happened to face?" Ysabella asked rather confused with her head tilted to a side.