ˢᵗʳⁱᶜᵗ ʳᵘˡᵉˢ

"Don't force her." Blue spoke as he entered the room obviously all wet.

"Jade wants to dress up. We should take turns of rounding the area." He said to the others and Samuel walked towards him.

"I'll join you. Jade can watch after the others." He said.

Coleen followed them out to help Jade get change so she had to bring her clothes with her along with her personal little air bubble to breathe in.

"You can drink from my blood. I think it would be enough to suffice your thirst just until you are able to hunt." Trevor offered and made a silver chalice with the size of a mug appear beside him.

Trevor pulled the small dagger from his belt and used it to make a cut on his palm. The sooner he squeezed out the blood to the chalice, Rhian quickly perked at its wonderful scent.

"That would be enough. Now can we go do our own business?" Yalex groaned as he stood up and walked to Trevor.

The boy stood up and handed the chalice of blood to the vampire. She was contemplating whether to accept the offer or not.
At the same time, not really aware of what the effects would be for her if she drinks a black sorcerer's blood.

"Take it. Unless you want me to shove it in your throat." Yalex spat to her rather aggressively. It's understandable since the demon is hungry for a soul.

Rhian noticed that Trevor was slightly trembling. Because none of them literally haven't seen how this demon feed. And most people thinks it would be by killing their victims first.

Rhian decided to accept the chalice. He held the boy on his hand that was holding the chalice.

"Don't worry. Yalex is of many evil existence. But one thing we can be stone sure about him is that he would never do you any harm. Otherwise, he would have killed you long ago." She whispered despite being heard by the others because of their you-know-what.

Trevor only nodded his head and forced out a small smile. He turned around to look at Yalex.

"Not here." He mumbled and walked first to the secluded room where they found Samuel earlier.

Yalex quickly tailed after him. Just as when Coleen and Jade came back.

"Where are they going?" Jade asked the vampire who's already drinking from the chalice.

"Yalex needs to feed. Nobody else here can help him other than his mate." Coleen said to her. Her eyes still glued at the now locked doors where the two entered earlier when they arrived.

They sat on the empty couch and watched the bonfire. It wasn't even a few minutes when they heard Trevor's terrifying screams.

It caused everyone a very alarming expression as they all jolted up. All facing the door.
Even Yvel and her dragon woke up due to the terrified scream.

They never heard Trevor screamed like that before. It sounded so terrifying that literally all of them got very worried.

"W-what's wrong? What's happening?" Yvel asked and quickly took the dragon to her arms in a very protective manner. "Was that Trevor?" She asked again and looked at Coleen.

"I guess demons are really spine chilling. I could never imagine myself seeing how on earth that creature feeds." Rhian muttered as she diverted her gaze away from the door.

Rhian is usually brave. But at the same time, knows exactly the things that she should be scared of and never underestimate.
She's a vampire. But she feels like she's having goosebumps all over her body.

Second later and they heard Trevor screaming his mate's name. Pleading for it to stop. But even if they try hard to listen and hear a single thing from Yalex. There's nothing as if no one is there with Trevor.

"Fu**. He's hurting him! You said Yalex won't do that!" Coleen growled and was about to barge in the room but Jade quickly stopped her and grabbed her arms.

"This is between them and you have no right to interfere." She spoke quite harsh to her ears. And that made Coleen feel somehow offended. But knew better that the princess have a point.

"Shouldn't we help him?" Yvel asked and turned to look at Rhian to see if she'll agree.

"Can not. Mates business. Sacred. And too danger. We. No help. They finish soon. And we stay here. Do nothing." Ysabella spoke doing her best to make herself understandable as she tries to also make hand gestures.

She also spoke in their own language to make herself clear since the mermaid can understand her language.

"But we can't just sit this out! He's pleading for help!" Coleen exclaimed and pulled herself away from Jade's strong grip.

"You're not even deaf Coleen! You heard Ysabella! There is nothing we can do. This is business between mates. We can't be involved!" Rhian snapped at her just as when the screams stopped.

Just like that. Gone.
Like how a sound system was suddenly shut off from working. Or a loud television being shut close and now it was eery quiet.

The only thing that their ears could hear are the movements of water and their own breaths.

They stared at the door for what seemed like hours. The dragon had fallen back to its slumber like nothing happened. And all of them are back sitting on the couch.

Blue and Samuel haven't gone back yet but they can still feel their presence.

Yvel decided to check the time on her wrist watch. It was already 8pm, explains why it got more darker around them than it usually was. The only light source they had is the undying bonfire made by the demon and the blue snowflakes crystals made by Samuel.

They've been in that place for 12 hours already. 12 more hours to go and they'll be off to their next destination.

It's also been almost 10 hours since Yalex and Trevor entered the room.
After that long wait.

The door eventually opened.
So slow that the creaking of the door could be heard clear as the water.

It was pitch dark like the first time they arrived earlier. But the darkness doesn't only seem like that as it once again gave them the same fear as earlier when they heard Trevor screamed.

After a few seconds of staring. With Yvel and Coleen hiding behind Jade and Rhian due to the unbelievable scary atmosphere it brings.

Yalex walked out of the room with the sleeping boy on his arms. His long and sharp dark horns are now very visible along with his pitch black eyes and the strings of reddish veins on his entire body.

Trevor looked almost similar to him. Although he had no horns.
Both of their attires looked burnt too.

"I put him to sleep. He was too loud." Yalex mumbled nonchalantly as he laid the boy on the empty couch. His voice sounded very heavy, like there were millions of voices speaking for him.

Rhian thought it was a good thing that Blue isn't there yet. Because that boy will literally cause a fuss if he sees his so precious friend being hurt like this.

"He was hurt! Couldn't you tell!?" Coleen snapped at him. But when Yalex turned to her with a natural glare, Coleen immediately hid her face on Jade's back.

Strictly speaking. None of them could make an eye contact at the demon. Or even look at him.
Something about him with his horns visible and his voice sounding like that somehow feels worse than intimidating.

You know that feeling that if you look him in the eyes, there's a curse that comes after it.

"Trevor?"

I hope you liked the chapter.
Don't forget to vote and comment to share your thoughts.