ᵃ ᵍˡⁱᵐᵖˢᵉ ᵒᶠ ᵗʰᵉ ᵖᵃˢᵗ

"This is where Gammon used to live. And I'm afraid he wasn't by himself then." Lupin spoke as he gestured for Yalex to enter and old abandoned house.

The demon could tell right away that the house was inhabited by his little brother. His scent still freely reeks the house.

And it wasn't only his scent that lingers there.

"Black sorcerers..." Yalex mumbled and turned to look at the cabinet.

There was a phonograph placed on top of it. Beside it is a small frame of a family picture.

"That's his wife Trina. And his son Trevor." Lupin said when he saw Yalex staring at the frame.

"He married a purebred black sorceress. Her family leads their entire race so I wouldn't be more surprise that Gammon chose her. Yet according to our informant, Trina nor everyone who used to habit this area doesn't know that Gammon is one of us." He explained and approached Yalex. He handed him an image of a boy which is recently taken in a carnival.

"This is his son now. He ran away for some reason. Two days before Gammon disappeared and our people massacred this place." He said.

Yalex took the image and observe the boy in the picture.

"He looks exactly like his father..." Yalex chuckled and looked back at the family picture where Trevor still looks young.

"I can take you to the carnival now if you wishes to see him. Or I can just bring him down there for you." Lupin suggested and Yalex gently shook his head.

"Find Gammon! I'll take care of his son!" He said and left first with a blue fire casted all over him before he disappeared with it.

+×+

(The week before Yalex showed up to Trevor again...)

"Gammon had returned home and made an appeal to your father. I think your father still wants to take him in." Lupin said while pouring a wine on Yalex glass.

"Of course he will. It's been quiet at home for a while when he left. He probably missed me trying to kill my brothers and Gammon is the only one with the guts to go against me." Yalex laughed maniaclly and petted the stray bulldog he had found earlier on the streets.

Bulldogs are a good snacks for my baby hellhounds.
He thought and the poor dog's head cracked open with just one look from the demon.

Lupin gestured to one of the dead creature that stood on every corner as watchers. One of them approached to take the dead bulldog to the hounds.

"What about his son? Did you find him?" Lupin asked and Yalex nodded his head.

"I did. And surprisingly, that boy have my thousand trophies in him!" He snickered and threw the remaining wine on the chimney that fueled the fire more.

By thousand trophies. Yalex meant the thousand of souls he had gathered to his power in a span of just five decades. And those thousands of souls were stolen by Gammon. Second to the youngest among seven brothers.

Gammon abandoned hell and disappeared with the souls with him. So when Yalex met Trevor in the city, he could tell right away that he was Gammon's son.
Because almost every soul that Gammon had stolen was transferred to him the day when he was born.