ˢⁱᵈᵉ ᵉᶠᶠᵉᶜᵗ

Coleen opened her eyes when she felt something tapping her shoulder. She didn't know she had fallen asleep.

The tapping continues and she finally forced her eyes open. She looked up at the demon as he was the one who keeps tapping her.

"What?!" She gave him a frown and Yalex immediately gestured her to stay quiet before pointing at Trevor.

Coleen immediately looked at the male in front of her. But the sooner she realized his skin cold as ice and his grey hair was starting to have highlights of black. Coleen panicked and was about to scream.

"Stay quiet. Blue is already awake. If any of them hears you, Blue might cause a fuss." Yalex reminded her. Coleen was about to cry as she sat properly.

"Trevor? Trevor wake up. Can you hear me?" She asked quietly in tears.

"He's still alive. But not for long." Yalex told him as he too sat up properly. He was holding the boy's left hand and there were faint strands of gold light that revolves around it.

"I'll bring Ysabella quickly. Stay calm and keep him stable." Yalex instructed him. He sounded very serious and Coleen quickly nodded her head.

Yalex gently let go of Trevor's hand and immediately left the two.

"Trevor? Please say something baby. You're scaring me like this..." she whimpered as she tightens her grip on his right hand.

"I-it h-hurts..." Coleen felt the smallest hope rush back to her upon hearing Trevor's voice. It was so weak and hoarse that it was almost impossible to hear it.

"You're gonna be okay. I'm here. I'll never leave you. So please bear it more." She cried and watched as Trevor slowly place a chaste kiss on the back of her hand.

"I'm not giving up. You owe me a kiss after this." He said barely audible and forced out a weak smile.

"I promise. So please fight. You can't leave me. You're stuck with me, remember?" She said and let out a chuckle.

The door suddenly opened and Yalex came in with Ysabella and Kitsch. The three looked obviously worried.

"We only have three hours left. Jade and Samuel are keeping everyone distracted so we must do everything to keep him alive. We're leaving soon." Yalex announced and Ysabella immediately sat on the other side of the bed to help the male heal.

She and Jade had been going back and forth in the room while Coleen and Trevor were asleep.

Blue already know as well so Rhian had to keep him sane because he was so frustrated that he couldn't do anything about it.

"We're only three hours away from leaving. Why is he getting worse now?" Ysabella asked and gave Yalex a confused gaze.

They had already kept Trevor stable earlier. But it suddenly got worse like this. The color of his hair shows that it's not a good sign.
Because black sorcerers only gains black hair when they die and soon turn into dusts. They sometimes dye their hair black so they can disguise among mortals before attacking their targets.

"But why is he here?" Coleen asked and beckoned at Kitsch.

The look on his face is obviously worry. But at the same time, he also looks confused at the situation.

Ysabella and Yalex exchanged looks with each other before the phoenix began to explain.

"Yalex had been having a hunch that this might happen. So we agreed to save Kitsch for the last part."