ᵗʰᵉ ᶠᵒʳᵉˢᵗ

It has been already 30 minutes after the wasteland had turned into a huge forest. Samuel and his team had been dashing away from the large number of souls that were desperately chasing after them.

As much as they think it was pointless. There wasn't any other way to avoid those hungry souls. Especially that none of them can be stronger or dominant in that place where they are the outsiders.

"Trevor! You're half demon! Can't you scare them off!?" Yvel snapped at him when they briefly stopped to catch their breathe.

"Oh please! Can't you see that he's more scared of souls than his own mate!?" Rhian growled while alertly watching out as they rest.

"We can't just keep running. Samuel! Can't you just fast forward the time?!" Jade asked and the leader immediately shook his head.

"That would be cheating!" He huffed and took a sit down the ground. Massaging his tired legs.

"We should make a plan!" Trevor suggested and everyone whipped their attention to him.

"Like what exactly?" Rhian said as she rolled her eyes. "This is a place of many places! I assume you are aware that a plan won't be much of help!"

"Atleast we can try!" Coleen growled at her before gesturing Trevor to speak his mind.

"They'll keep chasing us and running will only drain our strength. We're strong enough to fight them so that's one of our best option. But it can also drain us out so we might as well have to hide for the remaining 2 hours."

"We can built a safety wall around us. Big enough for us and we'll cover it with a spell that will keep those souls away from us."

"That's good. Coleen and I can make the spell." Yvel exclaimed and turned at the sorceress.

Yvel carefully handed the dragon to Ysabella before she and Coleen began making the spell. Trevor on the other hand made a tall wall made of thick roots. And Samuel added a cover of frost to it for additional security.

Once the spell was done. They huddled up together to keep watch for the next hours.

A few minutes later. The same noises that was coming from the souls earlier became more audible. It only means that they are already there and are probably outside the wall trying to come in.

Everyone flinched when they started banging on the wall with a sense of desperation. It scared the white creatures but they were atleast relieved that Trevor and Samuel continues to build the wall so none of the souls can enter.

"Instead of whimpering in fear. You should all prepare. We will be separated from each other soon." Rhian reminded as she turned her gaze to Yvel and Coleen.

She was relieved that Trevor is no longer acting up and seemed really focused to survive. But Yvel and Coleen are still trying their way out of that shell.

Atleast they didn't have to worry with the phoenix and the dragon. Or Jade and Samuel since they really take the mission seriously.

Hours passed...
Nothing else happened except those souls trying to infiltrate the wall.

Samuel quickly shifted his attention to his friends. His face held a warning expression towards them.

"Get ready! In a few minutes, this wall will be destroyed by the maze!" He warned and Rhian immediately cussed upon realizing something.

"We'll be dam*ed trapped here if we don't escape quick! The souls are probably surrounding us and they are gonna be scattered everywhere once the wall breaks!" She said and couldn't help but glare at Trevor as he was the one who suggested the wall.

"Let's just be careful! You're all strong enough to defend yourself! And take this opportunity to fight back your fears!" Samuel reprimanded.

"Then... Does that mean Ysabella and Kitsch will be separated from us too!?" Yvel gasped as she tighten her hug with the dragon on her arms. It started squirming because of his rider preventing him from breathing.

"The way you're holding on him. You two are probably the only one who'll stuck together!" Jade chuckled while Yvel let some space for the dragon to breathe in. He got upset again and started biting her hand.

"Jade's right. Ysabella will be not much of a problem to us. She'll just fly above us and she'll be our help when we got cornered." Samuel agreed.

The same sounds of rustlings interrupted their conversation and everyone braced themselves.

Sooner than later. The wall suddenly got blasted by a strong wind along with a large and thick dusty bushes growing out of the ground.

They couldn't help not to panic when everyone started disappearing from their sight.

Ysabella quickly morphed into her phoenix form and released a wave of fire towards the souls. Enough to give her friends just a little time to make a headstart for their run.

The sooner that the bushes stopped growing. Everyone made a run to North. Mentally and physically preparing themselves for whatever hell have in store for each of them.

 I hope you liked the chapter.
Don't forget to vote and comment to share your thoughts.