ˡᵃⁿᵈ ᵒᶠ ᵇᵒⁿᵉˢ

Trevor and Coleen stopped walking when they noticed how the walls of the maze began acting strange.

The two looked at each other. Specifically, they are glaring like they're ready to slit each other's throat.

"It seems that the maze will change." Coleen spoke nonchalantly.

Soon. They watched as the walls of bushes drifted along with a strong gust of cold wind.
A scent of decaying bodies and dusting bones greeted the two. Causing the two of them to groan in disgust and quickly covered their nose.

After a few minutes. What once the dark maze had now turned into a vastness of land of bones. It's like they're back in the wasteland earlier. But with bones this time.

"Atleast it's not the ocean of blood!" Trevor sighed while looking around.

"Tch. That would have been better. I won't have to see your face if so." Coleen spat as she looks around with a glare.

Trevor didn't bother to fire back. He knows it will only be pointless to fight with her knowing it's a losing fight.

The two stopped looking at a certain direction. Seeing the bones started forming up a bump.

None of the two made a single move and just watched as the bump grew bigger and there were now three of them.

A few more minutes. Familiar heads started poking out from the pile of bones. Too familiar that Trevor felt his body froze.

How can he ever forget those creatures.
Those hounds that he saw Yalex pushed off the cliff while saying 'wife and husband should stick together even in death.'

"Oh sh*t! We are so doomed!" He heard Coleen shrieked and started panicking.

He wanted to help calm her. But he can't even help himself now that the fear is now incharge of his entire body.

"What the fu** is wrong with you! We have to run!!!" He heard Coleen yelled at him. He wanted to look at her but he couldn't because of his gaze fixated on the three hounds that are almost out of the pile of bones.

"Argh!!! Whatever! I'm not killing myself just to save a murderer!!!" Coleen yelled before she started fleeing for her life.

Trevor wanted to run after her. He wanted to escape too.
But he was too scared. Too unmoving. And all he could do was cry and cry as he watches the three hounds pulling themselves out of the bones that buried them.

"Y-Yalex...." it was all the boy could utter in his shaky and trembling voice.

He was obviously shivering in fear. And it may be the very first time that he instinctively called for his mate no matter the circumstances.

Trevor managed to make a step back. But that only caught the attention of the three hounds.

They had a long staring contest at each other. Before the hounds charged to dash after him while the boy bolted away while screaming the name of his mate with sheer desperation and fear.

Trevor made cards appear on his trail in attempt to distract the hounds. But it was useless because his mind wasn't focused and are a mess. So the cards only flew carelessly and didn't exert any effort to scare the creatures a bit.

He couldn't make an illusion either because of his mind not being in the right condition.

"Heeeelp!!!! Yalex!!!! Help me please!!!"

"I'm scared! Somebody help!!!"

"Yalex!!!"

The boy was calling desperately.
His voice were cloaked with nothing but pure fear.