ᵘⁿᵈᵉʳᵍʳᵒᵘⁿᵈ ᵐⁱⁿᵉ ⁱⁱⁱ

An hour passed after they were reunited with each other. Except of course for Samuel who's probably cussing at Yalex again for getting lost in the maze-like mine.

The girls decided they should rest for the last three hours while Rhian watches out for the others.
Yvel is literally glowing in the dark so they didn't need to worry about being stucked in the dark.

"I wish there's anything we can do to help Trevor." Jade suddenly spoke. Shifting her gaze to look at the boy again.

"I had a friend who seemed a little similar to him. Although Trevor had gone through much worse. But I remember my friend commiting suicide. Because he couldn't handle the tremendous pain." She stated followed by a tired sigh.

"I don't want him to do that. Samuel's right about him. Trevor is a good hearted person. And he deserves all the good things. Not all of this." Jade bit her lip when she feels it tremble and her eyes watering with tears.

"How? Trevor obviously gave up. I just wonder who made him think this way." Rhian sighed and leaned back with both of her palms supporting her.

"I swear! Yalex will receive a good beating from me the moment I see his face!" Jade said and earned her a laugh from Rhian and Yvel.

"Trevor needs to be stronger. Especially that Gammon will finally learn to take him later." Yvel said and everyone immediately gave off a sour expression.

"It wasn't even the worst part yet and he's already suffering. We need to help him with everything we can." Rhian said as she sighed again.

"I just noticed! Samuel's the only one who's not with us." Yvel chuckled and so did the other two.

"I bet that ice head are lost again!" Rhian said and they started laughing. Imagining the frown on Samuel's face while trying to find the right path.

Meanwhile.

They are indeed right about their leader struggling to find them.

"I swear. I was here thirty minutes ago!!!" Samuel screamed in frustration as he does his best not to slam the walls around him.

"You better get your face ready Yalex! I swear to my handsome face I'm gonna kick your ass!!!"

Samuel took another path and kind of wasted half an hour more.
He could have just stayed still and rest like the others. But he's really trying hard to find a way to his friends.

It kind'a frustrates him to be by himself. The loneliness feels quite strong and he knows that it won't do any good to his mental state.

A few minutes before the three hours ends. Ysabella and Kitsch had woken up from their short rest. And since the phoenix is still bothered of how Yvel and Kitsch are still alive, she decided to tell the girls about it.

"It wasn't real!" Rhian said with stern the sooner Ysabella finished story telling. That was the longest she had spoken ever since she started learning their language.

And it was 101% difficult.

"I saw Blue too. He tried to mess up my mind. And definitely did as what I fear him to do so. But I realized that my Blue have no--"

"Eew!!!" Yvel and Jade quickly reacted with their faces grimacing at her.

"Shut up! Don't act like you're all not aware about us!" Rhian snapped at them. "As I was saying. Blue have no emotions. But the one who was with me have emotions. I figured none of it are real and remembered Samuel's exact warning." She added.

"The maze shows us our fears. We just need to learn how to fight it." Yvel said as she let out a smile while looking at the dragon on Ysabella's lap.

"Then. What if... Trevor thought Coleen was with her? And what if that false Coleen made Trevor think this way?" Jade asked and the girls immediately looked at her with the same curious expression.

"That's possible. There aren't any possible reasons otherwise!" Rhian agreed.

A few more minutes. Coleen and Trevor started waking up at the same time.

And the sooner the two had laid gaze upon each other. They were quick to look away. An awkward silence quickly took over while the others watches how they will interact.

"How are you?" Yvel asked and went to sit beside Coleen.

Trevor stood up and walked away to sit beside Jade. He didn't spare Coleen a short glance. And neither does Coleen.

"I'm good." Coleen responded quietly.

"I think it's been already three hours. We should get ready. We'll be seeing Samuel in a few minutes." Rhian announced as she stood up to tie her hair.

"Are you good?" She asked Trevor and he just nodded in response.

They waited for a few more minutes before the ground started shaking. They had to hold onto each other and waited until the walls started disappearing like it was being painted with a new surroundings.

A few more minutes and they are all back to the same wasteland where Yalex and Blue left them before.
Samuel is also there now. Standing not so far from them and both shared an equally surprised yet relieved expression.

I'm glad everyone made it this far.
Samuel thought and smiled at everyone genuinely.

However. It was so noticeable for him how Coleen and Trevor became too distant.
He didn't have to question why because it was pretty obvious that there is something that happened to them and only them can fix it.

He gestured everyone to stay quiet and not make any sound. And it didn't took long until tall and wood-like monsters started appearing around them.

It looked very hostile from how it moves with its long limbs. Its body are composed of its long five legs and one sharp arm half the size of its legs. The monster's head is round and it has no eyes and nose. It only has its ears to listen and its mouth to feed.

The best thing they could do right now is to stay quiet. And maybe nobody will get hurt anymore.

 I hope you liked the chapter.
Don't forget to vote and comment to share your thoughts.