ᶠᵒʳᵇⁱᵈᵈᵉⁿ ᶠʳᵘⁱᵗ

"What took you so long?" Samuel asked in stern because Yalex really had to arrive last one minute before the military discovers where they are.

"Relax. I already took a shortcut for your fat ass!" Yalex laughed.

They started running North per Samuel's instruction. Far from the city. They didn't need to worry about being tailed since their speed is beyond human capabilities. Especially the vampire.

An hour or two have passed.

They have arrived in an old and abandoned village.

"Where are we?" Coleen asked while trying to catch her breath.

Yalex looked around. The surroundings seems quite familiar. Even the atmosphere of the gloomy village.

He then turned at Trevor who had once again, a teary eyes and saddened expression on his face.

"Welcome home." Samuel said to him almost inaudible and everyone shot him a confused look.

"Let's go." Trevor sniffled and quietly spoke before leading the way. Coleen looked at him with a rather flustered expression.

And the way he kept squeezing her hand lightly. She could tell that Trevor felt uneasy.

The group walked on the dead leaves filled pathway. An eery silence taking over them whole and nothing could be heard other than their footsteps and the rustlings of leaves due to the cold wind.

"We're here." Trevor mumbled as he stopped in front of a very old house.

Trevor opened the wooden gate. Leading everyone to the very doorstep of his old home.

He didn't expect he would be back so soon. Not while the memories of deaths are still fresh.

The group eventually entered the house. And each of them could feel a heavy atmosphere lingering everywhere.

Faint screams and pleading voices were there and all of them could feel the bad memories imprinted in the house.

"It's okay. We're here with you." Coleen whispered at Trevor and held his hand tighter.

"We can all maybe rest for the entire 24 hours. Nobody comes here since this place used to be a nest of high black sorcerers. Then demons raided this place. So this might be the safest place for the time being." Samuel stated while looking at the old frames that was situated on top of the small cabinet below an old and broken wall television.

"You sound unsure." Yvel said while beckoning the dragon out of the bag but then realizing he fell asleep during their entire marathon.

"Of course. We still need to consider that my brother might happen to stop by. Especially that this house was once a home to him too." Yalex explained.

"No. My father recognized no home other than hell, I presume. I know my mother is just one of his slut and he only comes here for satisfaction. This house is home only to me and my mom!" Trevor stated firmly. They could sense the laced anger in his tone.

"Hey! Calm down. It's all part of the past. You're gonna be okay." Coleen muttered to his ear while tracing a circle pattern on his back.

"Whatever. Everything I cherished here is gone anyway." He said followed by a dejected sigh before he finally let go of Coleen's hand after the previous 24 hours.

Everyone watched the boy as he made his way upstairs. And once he was gone, everyone looked at Coleen with furrowed brows.

"What?!"

"What do you mean what? You're the only one he's probably gonna talk nice with. Go follow him." Yvel said to her sheepishly and playfully pushed Coleen.

"Shut up!" The sorceress whined but followed Trevor upstairs anyway.

She didn't know where he went so she checked the first two doors but didn't found the boy. Soon, he found Trevor in the third room. Standing at the terrace.

"Trevor?" She called but the boy didn't turn to look at her.

Coleen walked closer to him. Eventually noticing how his shoulders were shaking. His hiccups and sobs became more audible.

"Hey. What's wrong?" She asked and tried to make him face her but Trevor gently pushed her hand away.

"Come on. Talk to me. I won't be able to help you if you don't tell me anything." She said with the calmest voice she could muster.

"I-I'm alright. It's just... S-stupid memories." Trevor mumbled in between his uncontrollable sobs.

"No. Memories aren't stupid Trevor. It's just bad and makes you sad. But it's also a good thing. Because you are still here to remember your mother." She said and Trevor finally looked at her.

"But I hate her. I-I hate my mom. She said that's fair. Because she hated me being born too."

"Everyone here hated me. And the only good memories I had was whenever my mom gets too boastful or needs something from me, she'll remember to call my name."

"N-nobody here l-loved me... Even after all the efforts. T-they were never satisfied."

"They treated me like sh*t. W-wanted me t-to be like them."

Coleen couldn't help but tear up. She pulled Trevor close to hug him tight. Letting him cry on her shoulder. And she could feel his cold tears non stop. Including the sense of pain that he had been going through since the beginning.

"I'm so sorry Trevor. I know it's too late to apologize for everything. But I'm still sorry."

"I didn't know how much you were in pain when we first met. And I kept blaming you for something I never should have held you accountable."

"And I'm very sorry for that. You deserve more than this treatment. You deserve all the love and attention that you need."

Coleen leaned back and forced Trevor to look at her. But he kept avoiding her gaze.

"Look at me." She said firmly and held him by his chin. Trevor had stopped crying. But he's still sobbing.

Coleen would've cooed because he looked so red and cute right now.

"You are strong! Probably the strongest person I have ever met in my life. You kept the pain so well and keep up until this moment. You fought so well despite everything that tries to tear you down."

A short silence lingered between the two. Just them staring at each other. Her left hand moving to caress his cheek.

"Trevor..."

"You're not a worthless vessel."

"You are more than just a host to this parasite souls. You are worthy in your own way. And nobody can ever take away that worth from you."

"You are strong and powerful. You are a great and a good person. You are the bestest and loyal friend that anyone could ever have."

"But most of all I want you to keep this mind..."

"We are each other's forbidden fruit!"

"Our first love."

 I hope you liked the chapter.
Don't forget to vote and comment to share your thoughts.