ᵗʰᵉ ᶜᵃᵘˢᵉ

"You got the dark beings altogether in one place. What's keeping you from bringing the light servers here?" Jessi asked as she pets the fiery red phoenix on her left lap. The dragon egg comfortable sat on the other.

"I can't let them see these two for now. There are still many secrets about each other that they must learn before we introduce them!" Samuel replied, busily cutting fresh meat into small pieces for the phoenix.

"Very well. So I'll take it that you'll be more busy than usual." Jessi snickered.

"Indeed. Especially now that Trevor knows that he's mated with Yalex." Samuel chuckled playfully.

"What!!? That's fu**ing tragic!!!" Jessi exclaimed upon hearing his statement. The phoenix flinched at her sudden movement and flew to Samuel's shoulder.

"Didn't you told me that Trevor came here to look for a girl?!" She asked wih pure disbelief.

"Jessi. I'm afraid that's not the only tragic truth within them!" Samuel said and settled the meat on the phoenix nest where it quickly flew to eat it's meal.

"Eeeng!!! That's fuc**ng bullsh*t!!! You let that happen on purpose didn't you!?" Jessi snapped at him and Samuel quickly raised his hand in defense.

"Hey! I never tampered on their future. The only thing I'm doing is to keep them from being dead before the real mission begins! Those things happens for a reason!" Samuel heavily defended himself.

Jessi rested her head on her palms with a sigh. Watching Samuel for his yet another new episode of his long 'defending himself' thingy.

"If I had my way! I would've adopted Blue from his family knowing how terrible his life will be with them! You were so sick of staring at an egg all day! Had I tamepered wuth the future, that egg would've hatched by now!!!"

"Why are you laughing?!" Samuel snapped at Jessi while his brows perks in annoyance by watching the woman giggling to herself.

"Your ears are so red! You talk too much and I don't even need to hear it!" She said and stood up from her favorite couch and took the egg with her to her room. Still laughing.

Samuel huffed and grunted. His gaze fell to the phoenix who was staring at him with its head tilted to a side. It just finished its meal and are ready to go to sleep.

"What!? I was just trying to explain myself!" Samuel exclaimed and carefully carried the phoenix and its nest to his room where a ring of fire awaits it.

The next day. Samuel woke up early as usual and came to school. Enough time to finish every task as the school's student president council.

After finishing the morning roll call. He went to the same building where Rhian and Vladimir usually hang out together.
Although this time, it won't be just the two of them now. Blue will definitely be there.

"Well? How are you?" Samuel asked Blue who had kept his head lowered. Samuel knew the boy will keep the habit for a while since he can still hardly trust everyone around him after all that happened.

"I-I'm good. T-thank you for helping me yesterday..." the boy said and threw the winter boy a brief glance.

Samuel lightly chuckled and turned to Vladimir with a teasing look.

"Stop looking at me like that! I know exactly what you're trying to say!" The vampire snapped and rolled his eyes at Samuel.

"I'm not gonna forbid you to go near Rhian or anything. You've been together more than we did so you know her better. Though I must warn you to keep a safe distance now that things are changing." He said in wary and the three gave him a confusing look.

Right! I forgot to mention it to her yesterday...
Samuel thought.

"Yalex will be around you a lot. He won't consider someone else who is not part of the cause!" Samuel explained briefly before taking his leave.

Samuel had told Yalex and Rhian a few things regarding the main reason why they must gather. But he had left the part where there would be ten of them in total.

He simply told the two they will be against something big and only one from each race are chosen to form this first ever kind of a powerful alliance with different races.

Knowing that there will be too many obstacles before the group forms into a strong fort. Samuel believes he will be able to help everyone and do a better job of his role as their leader.

It's going to be really hard. Especially with the dark creatures. But Samuel was glad that Yalex is someone who lives with a reason and a cause. And the demon had agreed to join under one condition.
He does not want to receive any order. Which is why it is Samuel's main goal for now. Is to establish a strong and reliable friendship with the demon.

Rhian only agreed because of Blue. While the angel of death is completely clueless about literally everything.
And Trevor, the black sorcerer is very complicated under every aspect. No far from a stubborn kid. Which is why Yalex is the best card to get to him and Samuel couldn't be more happy that Yalex got the sorcerer under his control. Although it's not as good as it seems, it's the best for now to keep the sorcerer under his watch.

I hope you liked the chapter.
Don't forget to vote and comment to share your thoughts.

The updates may slow down for now.
Things aren't going any better with for the time being and I can barely afford to attend my own classes.

But the sooner that things get better. I'll make sure to update as many chapters that will be delayed.

Thank you...