ᵗʰᵉ ᵇᵉᵃᵘᵗʸ ᵒᶠ ᵃ ʳᵒʸᵃˡ ᵐᵉʳᵐᵃⁱᵈ

"Welcome home." Samuel whispered at the princess sitting in front of him.

Jade smiled genuinely as she looks briefly at the male before returning her gaze to her humble home.
Her hands grazed the warm water and she felt the urge to swim and race down there.

"Go ahead your highness!" Rhian said from the other boat as she laughs.

The others were looking at her with the same anticipating look that was allowing her to go back to her humble home.
It made her feel respected and loved.

"Look!!!" Yvel suddenly yelled and pointed at a certain direction.

Not far from the group. They saw couples of heads peeking on the surface as it swims closer to them.

Jade wasted no time and stood up from the boat with Samuel's assistance.

"It's okay. Those are my royal guards. They must have sensed that I'm back." She said with a small smile.

Although Samuel noticed something else.
She sounded a bit worried. And he only have one thing in mind.

Jade's return is suppose to be with her possible partner to continue their pureblood race.
However, that is not the reason why she is back home. And it worries Jade that her parents might be disappointed. Just like what she had seen in the underworld.

"Giant fish! Giant fi--" Yalex quickly cut off Ysabella and covered her mouth before she cause a commotion between races.

"Quiet or you'll get us in trouble." He mumbled while fauxing a smile at the phoenix.

"Don't worry. We'll back you up okay?" Samuel said to her.

Jade only nodded her head before she decided to jump on the water.

Seconds only and the princess are back into her original form.

The merman whom they assume as Jade's royal guards swam around her as if it's their welcoming ritual.

Soon, the water creatures started swimming like they were racing. The movements of water became totally aggressive and the boats kept moving because of the underwater creatures.

It's noticeable that Jade being in her mermaid form is very different from her human body.

She looks way stronger and more dominant. Because it is clearly obvious that the royal guards kept a safety distance and not even once looked at her straight into the eye.

Even when they communicate. Jade have her chin held up like she have the most authority among them. Which she does.

Soon. After almost an hour of reunion. Jade and her guards rose up to the surface.

Everyone. Especially Samuel were glued staring at her original facial features. Because unlike the guards, her features is much different.

It was like staring at a cursed and forbidden beauty. That when you look at it, you know you can never stop.
And Samuel felt like he's stuck. He couldn't peel his eyes off her.

From her viper jade eyes that were inviting him completely deep. Her sharp features and the faded gradient jade scales on her jaws were so gorgeous and it felt like staring at an art.
Her lips were plump and pink and beads of pearl are naturally sticking on her skin and her flowing beautiful hair, forming a crown and decoration to her silky raven hair.

It's different than when they saw her back at Samuel's home. Because the sun doesn't beam on her skin there and showcasing her natural features. And today makes a difference as her beauty makes an appearance on the surface. Boasting the meaning of real beauty of mermaids.