Lost Cause (The Pack)

Since you all voted yes, I'm posting the no ending first! TROLOLOL! You guys love me <3 

*Vikk*

Vikk simply shook his head no, untangling himself from the comfort that surrounded him. "I have to go work. I'm sorry. Otherwise I won't be able to relax." He stood up from the couch and began to walk away but turned around once he heard someone start talking.

"You were relaxed earlier Vikk. Did I do something?" Preston asked nervously, locking eyes with the standing Brit. Vikk shook his head no quickly before sighing and hugging himself. 

"No. Earlier my brain was too tired to function. And now, my brain is working so I must be working." Vikk replied. He spoke without a stutter or pause, proving he'd given this speech before. He'd told one of the Sidemen, that was it. No one else had been as close as the Pack was to him. Lachlan didn't believe his little speech though, it was evident in his eyes. They looked hurt, as if Vikk had just been caught in a loop of lies. 

"If you need a break, come and ask Vikk. Don't hesitate to relax sometimes." Rob said as he pulled back his hand and gave it a kiss. Vikk blushed slightly at the gesture before nodding and walking off. It was 1pm now, he needed to record a GTA with the Sidemen in an hour and have a video up in three. It was possible. Vikk had completed more difficult tasks before.

3 Uploads, 2 Recording Sessions, and 7 Hours later, Vikk was exhausted (omg lel the punz mom are you proud of me? No? O-okay...). The guys had been peeking in on him often, making sure he was still functioning perfectly. He'd put on a mask every time that door opened, a burst of energy rushing through his veins until the door would close again. It wasn't healthy. He should sleep. But he had two more videos to get up and at least 5 more videos to record if he wanted to stay on schedule. He groaned. It had been a while since one of the guys had checked on him. Had they forgotten him? Probably. That's what his mind decided as it screamed at him to get back to editing. 

Another hour in and the guys still hadn't come to check on him. Had they gone to sleep? Did he forget something? Vikk looked at his screen and squinted. The blaring computer screen was now just a white blur (#blursquad #sorrynotsorry). He lucky knew the shortcut keys for saving the video and he stood up. He stumbled to the doorway and grabbed it tightly. His death grip on the molding to the door didn't help much when his hand slipped and he yelped, collapsing to the ground once more. This time, he could hear everything.

He listened as he heard footsteps rush towards him. An Australian accent slurred out some curses before yelling out "Vikk's out cold! And he's barely breathing!"

More footsteps rushed towards him and another voice he knew as Rob's yelled "I'll get the car ready! Bring him out Lachlan!" 

"Please wake up Vikk. God, I knew I shouldn't have let you get away that easy." Lachlan begged. Noises began to become more muffled until eventually everything went black again, as if Vikk fell asleep. If you ask any of the others, those moments where Vikk "went black" would result in his breathing to stop as well as his heartbeat. 

The next thing Vikk could hear was the rushed chatter of doctors, he could tell you that much because he didn't understand a word they were saying. They all seemed to be excited about something. He felt someone holding his hand tightly, but that was the only thing he could feel. And it was only every-so-often as well, as if they were trying to hide it. Vikk had to guess it was part of the Pack, worried sick about him. That was, until he heard the faint sobbing of Lachlan and the coos of Rob in the distance. When a doctor said "Go tell the boys who brought him the news" he felt the hand leave and he never felt that hand again. He wondered who it could have been. After that commotion, he heard the dull clicking of hospital wheels and the beep of a heart and breath monitor. Little did poor Vikky know that that noise would haunt him to his death.

Have you ever been to that point of exhaustion (References for dayzzz! I'm on a roll!) where your eyelids feel too heavy to open? That's what Vikk felt like for the next eternity in the hospital. Of course, every morning before visiting hours he'd have a nurse come in and run some tests. She would gossip a bit to Vikk's reaction-less form, then leave in time for the Pack to show up. The guys would show up and talk to Vikk. They'd all kiss Vikk's cheek, minus Preston who always nipped that spot on his neck. Vikk was surprised his body didn't respond to any of their touch, even flinching away he would go for right then. After a few months, the Pack finally forced -or more so offered the idea to them- the Sidemen to come and visit Vikk. That day when he heard JJ say something about how many drugs he's on and how high he must be, was the happiest he was in the darkness. Simon and Ethan kept making jokes with Mitch, who had been in the room. Vikk knew Harry was there, he just didn't hear him say anything. Tobi somehow turned the way the heart monitor beeped into a black joke. Josh just said "I know it sounds stupid, but I feel like we're part to blame here." The other Sidemen tried to reason that there was nothing that they could've done, Mitch mentioning how it was their, the Pack's, fault. "No. You don't get it. He's the youngest of the group. He lived under our roof. Yeah, he's supposed to be an adult and take care of himself, but aren't we all kids? We're supposed to watch after each other. Now how the h*ll do we miss something as obvious as this?" Josh asked glancing down at the boy. That's all Vikk was, he knew that. Being 19 and the youngest meant you were most definitely a kid, Vikk was okay with that label right now. He just wanted to be cuddled up on that couch with the Pack again, hiding in Lachlan's chest as Preston nipped at his neck. All Vikk truly was was a malnutrition, overworked boy who fought himself daily. 

That day was the day Vikk realized how much of a lost cause he truly was. His friends and his fans would miss him, true, but truth be told he'd be forgotten. And so, he stopped listening. He stopped listening to the drug jokes, the Emon jokes, the silent laughter, the "racist" beeps, and even stopped listening to Josh's wishes for him to wake up soon. That despite their behavior, they were all broken without him. Vikk let everything go black again, only hearing worried shouts from Josh before his hearing was gone. 

He once again heard, but this time it was very different. All he heard was a quiet sobbing. There were some coos to calm the crying one, but they weren't going to work. Vikk was the only person who could fix their damaged heart. That's why they sat sobbing next to his hospital bed long after the cooing voice left. They sat there for what must have been hours, long past the end of visitor hours. Vikk wanted to know who it was, but they wouldn't speak to him. They only cried through the nurse's tests the next morning. The nurse offered to get them food but there was no reply back. Vikk figured they must have used their head as not to speak. Later on a doctor came in and only then did the sobbing seize.

"It seems as though there's nothing we can do. It's been 7 months now and your friend here probably isn't going to recover if they haven't already." Vikk felt a hand touch his shoulder and squeeze slightly. He tried to force his eyes open, but they were still too heavy.

"There's nothing you can do?" Josh's voice cracked slightly as he spoke. It would make sense now that it was Josh, Josh had always acted like the official guardian to the Sidemen. He'd guess that after watching one of your close friends die then come back before your eyes you'd be a wreck. The doctor grunted, signifying a nod. Josh sighed and squeezed Vikk's shoulder again. He then leaned down to Vikk's ear and said "Everyone's gotta say their goodbyes now. This is your last chance to wake up Vikk." 

He tried so hard to wake up, but his eyelids were just too heavy...

Hey~ You guys all love me, and won't kill me for the fact I didn't post the yes ending tonight. I sowwy! While you're waiting though, I challenge everyone who has read the first one, Exhaustion, to write a one shot shipping all the pack together! Once you do, either link it in the comments or tag me somehow 'cause I wanna make this a thing!!! I wanna read what you guys can make. Bring on the one shots!