Delusional (Vikkstar123/Vikklan)

People involved: Vik, Simon, Lachlan
Ships: Vikklan
Word count: 730
Idea: Vik has been slowly deteriorating for a month. When he finally reaches the end of the line, who could save him?
Extra notes: Vikklan requested by GreenieCarrot . This is also based off my own experiences with hallucinations. Until next time, Peace my Cheeses! I love you all <3
WARNING: Will contains suggestions of hallucinations, voices, death, suicide, and other such topics. If this will upset you, please do not read this.

Vik wasn't okay. The Sidemen in the house knew this first-hand. For almost a month now, Vik had been losing himself. He'd ask about noises that weren't there; he'd ask about some new furniture that no one else saw. It was concerning, to say the least. And that was only towards the beginning. By the end of that first month, Vik heard conversations from voices he'd never heard and every day he'd wake up to his room completely rearranged. Rooms would sometimes even change while he was inside them, causing the young boy to freeze up and panic. His fellow Sidemen were doing everything they could think of to help Vik. They were constantly reassuring him that it wasn't real, that he was safe with them; it didn't work. They'd tried to get him more sleep; it didn't work. They ever begged him to go to a doctor; he refused to go.
As the first month of this torture drew towards its end, an upcoming convention became a point for concern. They knew Vik couldn't go to the convention in the state he was in. Vik, however, was refusing to accept this. The Sidemen house filled with worry as the week of the convention arrived. Simon became determined to get Vik help. And so he went to one of the people he was close to outside the Sidemen: Lachlan. Lachlan had come up for this convention, and he was coming to the Sidemen house one day before the convention. Simon knew this was his chance.
As soon as Lachlan arrived, Simon dragged him off into the kitchen. His words practically slurred as he rushed to tell Lachlan what was wrong. Lachlan tried to get him to slow down, explaining that he could barely understand a word. As Simon began to explain again, however, screams filled the house. Cries of "No" and "Someone help" filled the house. Simon and Lachlan raced to Vik's room, where Vik was absolutely panicking over what appeared to be nothing. His pleas of "no" turned to sobs, his eyes kept settling on an empty patch of the room.
"Vik, it's not real! There's nothing there!" Simon pushed past Lachlan into the room. Lachlan watched, confused and concerned, as Simon tried to get Vik's attention. "Look Vik, there's nothing here. It's just your bedroom. No one's hurt. What are you seeing?" Simon tried to reason, finally kneeling next to him at his final words.
"Don't touch me!" Vik screamed, pushing Simon away. "Don't you see it? He's dead! He's dead and it's all-" Vik's words faded off as his eyes locked on Lachlan. "What? Now there's two. What? I-I-" Vik stuttered on for a few minutes, before screaming and covering his ears. "No! You can't be real! No, you're dead! You're hanging dead right there..." Vik trailed off and began sobbing again. Simon looked to Lachlan confused, and Lachlan found himself pulling Vik into his lap. Lachlan shushed the broken boy, cradling him close.
"Vikky. I'm not dead. It's not real. I'm real. You feel me? This is real. You can't always trust your eyes." Lachlan cooed, rubbing up and down his back. "You're okay Vikky. It's all okay. I'm here to help the bad things go away." Simon stepped back, standing in the doorway just in case. Meanwhile, Vik curled deeper into Lachlan's arms. He stuttered out pathetic whimpers into Lachlan's chest. Lachlan began to rock the duo, still whispering promises to the shaking boy.
"You were dead and you said it was all my fault and that no matter what I did you'd end up like that and I didn't know what to do." Vik's words slurred together, but Lachlan still picked up enough to understand.
"You're okay Vikky. I would never do that. Has this been happening often?"
The conversation between Vik and Lachlan lasted around two hours. Simon walked away once Vik had calmed down and began to tell Lachlan what was happening. Simon would wander over every hour, noticing that after his second visit that he found the two boys curled together. Vik was fast asleep, Lachlan rubbing his hands through his hair. After another hour, Lachlan too was fast asleep. Simon smiled at the two curled within each other. He slowly closed the door to Vik's bedroom, finally relaxing for the first time in a little over a month.