Rebellion's Children (SDMN) [Part 4]

People involved: Principal, audience, unnamed twin, Simon, Ethan, Tobi, JJ, Vik, Josh, Harry (dead), mother, angry father, Cal (Freezy), Cal (Lux),
Ships: Sidemen OT7, Freezylux
Word count: 990
Idea: An AU in which the Sidemen were part of a rebellion group called tne Rebellion's Children. Simon's twin is telling a group of school students about their adventures.
Extra notes: Until next time, peace my cheeses! I love you all <3
The end of Part 3: They had now begun to taste victory, and they wouldn't stop until their thirst for government blood was sated.
Format from here on: Bold is the principle/ the person in charge of the assembly. Normal is the storyteller. Underlined is the crowd/ people in it. *Anything within the asterisks is an action that is done in the present time*.

Over the next few weeks, there were multiple occurrences where the Sidemen won their battles. Their rebellion began to work its way around the country, groups of teens and adults killing government officials and soldiers. Somehow, my father didn't get killed in this mess. I always hated that fact, and I wish I had brought that up to the boys sooner. It ended up being their downfall, but I'm not there quite yet.
During my rare visits to the old fort, I always told the boys about what had happened outside the forest. Over the few weeks of success, more and more Sidemen had travelled out to the fort. By the beginning of that fateful week, all six Sidemen shared the original fort. Lux and Freezy shared the newly built housing, and they continued to build more for their fellow rebels who needed sanctuary. That was their downfall, how easily they accepted new people to their community.
It was October 5th, 2:43 pm. I heard commotion coming from the woods-
Do you need a break, Mr. Minter?
No, I'll be fine. Where was I? Oh.
I rushed back there, constantly checking behind my back. There was fire everywhere, heat suffocating everything. The Sidemen were all sat in a line outside their burning fort, my father in front of Simon. Each boy had another government employee in front of them, each prepared with one of those syringes. I stumbled closer, crying out that my father stop. He glared at me, pride in his eyes.
"Leave son," my father boomed, "I need to rid our world of their differences."
I had cried out no, that I wouldn't leave. That he wouldn't keep controlling me, that he couldn't win. He simply chuckled.
"But my boy," he spoke cockily, "I have already won." With those words, the syringe went into Simon's forehead. The others quickly followed, and I growled in rage.
That night was the first and last time I ever used a gun. They were very hard to find, but I had one. It had been a gift from my father, actually. I bet he's wishing he'd never given it to me. All six of the men who had killed the Sidemen died to my hands; I left their bodies burning in the forest. I dragged the Sidemen away from the flames, however, and gave them the burial they deserved. I performed an honorary burial for Lux and Freezy as well. I could never find their bodies, there were no bones in their house. A small part of me always wished they had escaped, and that they're off somewhere happy.
So, I think that's all I needed to cover about the lives of the Sidemen. Are there any questions?
*Shuffling echoes in the gymnasium and some hands are raised*.
You in the front?
Why is it that you were never proclaimed a hero like the Sidemen were? I never understood that.
I didn't deserve it. All I did was save them a little face, I never really did much.
You towards the back?
What were all their code names?
Ah, that's a good question. Simon was miniminter or mini. Josh was Zerkaa. Vik was Star. JJ was KSI. Tobi was TBJZL. Ethan was Behzinga. The two Cals were Lux and Freezy. And then, they always called Harry wroetoshaw.
You in the middle?
How often do you find yourself wishing that they were still here and never did this?
Mr. Minter you don't need to-
Relax. It's just a question. And trust me, I miss them everyday. There are some days where I find myself angry at them, for being so stupid and getting themselves killed. But then I remember how much better it is now, and I'm thankful for it. I only wish I could've saved them.
All the way in the back?
Did you ever find love like your brother had?
*He chuckles, shaking his head*. No, I never really looked for love. I didn't want to bother. And at this point, it doesn't seem like it's worth the trouble.
Right up here in the front?
Where are their graves? It might seem like a weird question, but I would like to pay them my respects.
That's not a weird question. It's actually, very sweet. They're off in a nearby forest, maybe 20 meters in from behind the Minter house. Once you're around there, you can't miss them. It's 9 headstones in a line in front of a big oak tree. The flowers by there are probably wilted by now, I haven't gotten to go back and take care of them recently.
Perhaps we could help, Mr. Minter? *a chorus of agreements fill the gymnasium*.
While that's very sweet of all of you, I don't think I need the help. If you really wanted to, you could. But I can do it just as well on my own.
*A rumble of chatter fills the room*.
Maybe we could do it after school today?
I'd love to help those boys out, after everything they did.
Do you realize how honorable it is to help our saviors' graves?
Students, quiet down please. Are there any more questions for Mr. Minter?
*No more hands are raised*.
Very well then. Could we all thank Mr. Minter for coming to our school today to tell us about the Sidemen?
*"Thank you Mr. Minter" is shouted throughout the room*.
No need to thank me. You children were an absolutely amazing audience. Thank you for listening to an old man like me rattle on about his past.
*Murmurs filled the room*.
You're not old sir.
No need to thank us.
We're glad to have you here.
I better be heading off now. I'm starting to get too old to stand on a stage for too long. Farewell everyone! I hope you learned something today.
*"Goodbye Mr. Minter" fills the gymnasium as the man walks out*.
Thank you sir.