Drizzle (Vikkstar123)

Work. Every hour of every day was dedicated to work. Every breath was wasted looking at a scream. Every night spent up, recording. Every waking moment spent working. Every sleepless night spent editing. Every second filled with stress of work. He's behind. It's not long enough. He doesn't upload enough. He skipped a day in a series. He didn't retweet all his tagged posts. He didn't talk to the fans enough. He's late to upload. He doesn't work enough. He doesn't work enough?!
He sat staring at the screen once more. His eyes burning slightly from the screen glaring back at him. How had it come to this? He listened to the silence of the house, the only sound being the rain pouring against the roof. His friends had gone out to a bar, probably were already drunk out of their minds. But he had stayed home. They kept telling him that work could wait, but they didn't understand. Work couldn't wait. The fans couldn't wait. He couldn't wait. He couldn't just sit around, relaxing. He had work to do. They needed more episodes. They needed more games. They needed more videos. They needed more of Vikk. And he needed more time in the day. He needed a break. He needed some sleep. He needed to relax. But he couldn't. They wouldn't allow it. You're not letting him.
His Skype blared through his headphones. His heart was pounding as frantically as the rain on the roof. He was way too stressed. He studied the flashing symbol and smiled at the familiar Texan's face. He clicked accept and looked at the screen. His face cam was off but he smiled at the face of his friends. The Texan was laughing hysterically at something another one had said. The Australian held his head in his hands and was shaking it as the Canadian blushed slight. He chuckled at what he'd openly walked into and rolled closer to his mic.
"So what was I invited to?" He asked, voice slightly hoarse from drinking little today. He coughed off to the side but surely someone had noticed.
"Poofless hype bois!" The Texan yelled as he spun in his chair. He rolled his eyes, this would take a while. He saved his video he was editing and focused on Skype.
"Is it real yet?" He asked with a smirk.
"Don't encourage them!" The Australian begged, seeming flabbergasted by what he had been put through. The Texan laughed and smirked at the camera before leaning close to his mic.
"Don't say you're not enjoying this." The Texan said into his mic, making his voice deeper.
"Nah just go away!" The Australian said, turning away from the screen and taking off his headphones. Everyone was laughing but the blonde, who had his back to them. He had completely forgotten about the stress and panic that plagued his mind earlier as they talked on and on. How could they make him relax?
He felt his heart rate slow down, just like the rain outside, until it became a steady drizzle. Vikk smiled before turned on his face cam, fixing his hair slightly first. These guys were his stress relievers. At any time of day, one of them was awake and ready to talk. They were like his rock. Protection from the bad and an attack against the worse. Sometimes they were even comforting when he couldn't stand it anymore. They were his saviors, and they didn't even know. He needs these boys to keep him sane.
Little did he know he wasn't alone. He wasn't alone in the world of being terrified. He wasn't alone in the world of feeling like no matter what he wasn't good enough. He wasn't alone in a world full of hate and unhappiness. In fact, there are many others like him. There are many others who lose sleep to work, who spend all their time working, who skip out on life's enjoyment and fun to keep others happy. In fact, I am with him. I understand what it's like to feel like you're not doing good enough. I know what it's like to feel like you haven't gotten enough done. But for me, it's all in my head. We do work enough. We won't be held back. We will relax. We will stay sane. Because, what other choice do we have? We have to do this. There is no vacation. There is no breaks. There's only work. Work and the raging storm that only ever calms to a drizzle. There is no sunshine for us. Only rain.

So, sad little drabble for Vikk. Because I feel him. I really do. There's always something that has to get done. You don't get much time to enjoy yourself. I'm sorry if this upset you, but it's just how life is. Also, if you have an Instagram, please re-post the media picture with #givevikkabreak He's actually noticing it but swears he doesn't need one. Trust me Vikk, you should take the vacation. I'd gladly take the vacation. Enjoy life for once, live life right. Before it's too late to.