chapter 01: Be F**king Gentle!

The development of society and technology had changed the poor rural areas in Hua Country from poverty to prosperity. Benefited from the advancements, some villages in the eastern coastal areas were even more beautiful than those in big cities while the western interior was much worse than that. Shanquan was a small village located in the Bei City of Chuan Province in the western region. There were no more than 100 households in the village. Although the life there was not as good as that in the coastal areas, its residents could still lead a decent life.

As for the richest person in Shanquan, the villagers would certainly tell you one name, Ling Jingxuan.

No one knew how Ling Jingxuan made his fortune. One day more than 20 years ago, all seven members of Ling’s family died overnight. The three-year-old Ling Jingxuan went missing. Since then, there had been no one named Ling in Shanquan. However, eight years ago, a man who claimed to be Ling Jingxuan suddenly returned to the village, built a plot of land on the former site of Ling’s family, and constructed a villa with gardens in front and back in just half a year. At that time, many people were envious and even wished to replace Ling Jingxuan as the owner of the household.

Soon afterward, the man bought dozens of mu (a unit of measurement in China, one mu equals to 666.666…square meters) of land not far from the villa and no one knew how he did it. He then started to recruit farm hands to work for him. Then, all villagers thought that Ling Jingxuan, who was originally aloof, started to have his feet on the ground. In normal times, Ling Jingxuan would always play cards with people in the teahouse opened by the village head’s wife. No one knew what his job was and where his money came from. The only thing for sure was, the man would disappear for a while every once in a while and then came back as if nothing had ever happened.

“Ah…”

Late at night, when all was silent, in the only villa in Shanquan Village, a man’s painful roar suddenly sounded. Inside the slightly opened door where the sound came from stood several tall, strong, and burly men, dressed in camouflage uniforms, armed with ammunition and full of hostility. More inside, a man turned his back on the door and moved quickly. In front of him, a half-naked man had a white cloth in his mouth. Bloody wounds spread from his shoulder blades to his abdomen and the shrieks came from him.

“Be fucking gentle!”

Seeing the men roll his eyes in pain, the man standing before the bed shouted. Ling Jingxuan, who was sewing up the wound, looked up coldly and gazed at the man. His delicate and beautiful face which looked so unreal was full of ridicule.

“Hm…”

“Maybe I should leave it to you since you have so many requirements.”

Ling Jingxuan’s hand tugging at the thread end jerked, causing the man to almost faint in an instant of pain. He curled his lip and threw away the needle and thread, threatening to leave. Then, a bloody palm suddenly grabbed him. Ling Jingxuan turned back to look at the man. The man with only two-thirds of his wound sewed up took a few deep breaths and stared at the one beside the bed before spitting the white cloth out from his mouth, “Go on!”

Even though he was seriously injured, the man’s momentum was prevailing. Ling Jingxuan said coldly after a long eye contact with the man, “Only this once.”

Finishing his words, Ling Jingxuan sat down again, continuing to help the man suture the wound. These people were an internationally famous mercenary army, recently employed to carry out an assassination mission in Chuan province. But they underestimated the ability of the Hua army and almost got wiped out. The injured man called Yass, the boss of the mercenary army. He once helped Ling Jingxuan so the two men formed a friendship, otherwise, they could not even find Ling Jingxuan, let alone ask him to help to suture the wound.