chapter 23: Picking up an Unknown Man (1)

“You think I’d give you a chance to stand up?”

Looking down at the eyes with a grievance of the dead wolf, Ling Jingxuan’s voice was very gentle, but unspokenly creepy, like the evil voice from the lowest level of hell.

Howling~

Howling~

Suddenly two dark round heads emerged among the thick grass, the next second, two black cubs, also with their heads growing a pinch of white hair jumped out of the bushes. The cubs that still could not run steadily stumbled onto dead black wolf, with the heads holding against its belly, meanwhile sucking its swollen tits.

This scene was inexpressibly touching and also sad, and only because of this scene, the sickle in Ling Jingxuan’s hand did not fall on them, because they remind him of his two little skinny buns.

“Daddy… are they…wolves?”

After making sure the adult wolf was dead, the two buns supporting each other moved over, trembling, the same big eyes firmly fixed on the cubs that were sucking milk, which mixed with fear, curiosity and exploration.

“Hmm, you like them?”

Nodding, Ling Jingxuan turned around to give them a look, raised a hand to wipe the blood on the face in a hurry, the two buns gave each other a look, shook their heads at the same time, “no, we don’t.”

Who knows if they would bite when they grow up? Although they look really cute at this moment.

“Haha…take them back if you like them. We still don’t know if we would raise them up, hurry, the blood will attract other beasts. Let’s grab out stuff and go down the mountain.”

Speaking of which, Ling Jingxuan grabbed the two cubs and threw them one respectively. After a look at the she-wolf, he couldn’t help feeling a little sorry. Although the fur was useless, the meat could be eaten. If it hadn’t been that they got too much stuff, he really wanted to take it back to cook.

From the beginning to the end, Ling Jingxuan did not take a sweep at the person covered in blood.

“Daddy, what about that person?”

asked the big bun, frowning at the person in blood lying motionless on the ground, holding the cub in his arms.

Carrying a bamboo basket on his back and wringing a few big bundles on his hands, Ling Jingxuan gave a cold look and said, “Who knows? Don’t worry. That person wouldn’t die for now.”

But he didn’t know whether he would still keep alive later. Judging from the amount of blood he had lost, that person could last at most an hour, provided that the smell of blood didn’t attract other beasts, so the conclusion was, he’d be so dead for sure.

“He’s not dead yet?”

On hearing his daddy, big bun made a strange sound, and then bent over. The little bun also ran over. Ling Jingxuan pulled his face long, “What are you doing? We even can’t save our own asses! Now you even want to save someone else?”

He had no intention of saving that person even if they were on an open road, not to mention in the jungle, where the wild beasts would come any minute.

“How can we just see him die? Come and help, daddy, he’s bleeding a lot.”

No one knew where he got the courage, a moment ago he was crying and scared, now he already put down the cub and flipped the man covered in blood, even the small bun went for help. Ling Jingxuan trotted over, standing in front, “My sons, think about your situation before you save someone else. Think about your own ability, do you think only the three of us can get him back?”

You could say he was cold-blooded or heartless. He was who he was, never asked for trouble, moreover, they were too weak to save others.

“But he’ll die, daddy, let’s save him.”

However mature the big bun performed, he was only five years old. How could he understand his dad’s meaning completely? He only knew that they couldn’t watch him die.

“Daddy, can you save him?”

The small bun also looked at him with that pair of pure eyes.

Their eyes were full of requests to save lives and nothing else.

“All right, you got me. For the record, it is you who want to save him, don’t regret it. Let me check on him first.”