chapter 35: Zhao & Han Husband and Husband; Money-making Plan (1)

“You see? That’s him, a big man gave birth to a child, really a shame…”

“Yeah, no one would believe it if someone says he isn’t a monster.”

“Is he a fool or what? He doesn’t look like one now.”

“Oh, you don’t know. I heard a few days ago that he suddenly regained his senses, and even beat up Dawa and his family, now Dawa’s dad is still ill in bed.”

“Really? What does the village head say?”

“What to say? He threatened to go to the county to sue them. The village head and the patriarch do not want to lose face to the county, so…”

Anywhere there were a lot of people, there was gossip. Before when passing the village, people would just point fingers and mutter, but now they directly talked it above the light, only for fear that he couldn’t hear them. If it had been the old Ling Jingxuan, he would have already run home and never come out due to the shame. But the present Ling Jingxuan…One would know as long as seeing his expression, he totally took their insulting words like fart.

“Ge, don’t listen to their bullshit, you are not a monster.”

Putting down the handrail of the cart, Ling Jingpeng said so, only afraid that his big brother would shrink into the shell again.

“Hehe, if only I were a monster, then tonight I can go ‘visit’ them from house to house.”

High voice through the crowd, a bit evil and bloodthirsty smile climbed on his thin and comely face, with his eyes sweeping those yentas there, and the gossiping sound immediately disappeared. And those yentas all backed off quite a few steps at the same time, only afraid Ling Jingxuan would really ‘visit’ them at night.

Seeing this, the corner of Ling Jingxuan’s aroused a sneer, he turned to Zhao and Han, “You are brother Zhao and Brother Han, right? These years thank you for taking care of my sons.”

He had long heard Zhao and Han were very good to Xiaowen and Xiaowu. As long as they had food for Tiewa, they would spare some for his two buns. Although not some expensive things, their kindness was the most important in Ling Jingxuan’s heart.

“That’s nothing. Actually we also didn’t do anything. You don’t have to be so polite, besides, I really like Xiaowen and Xiaowu. They are very thoughtful, and often help us take care of Tiewa.”

Small and exquisite, Han Fei was a straightforward man. While speaking, he still didn’t forget to touch the heads of the two buns, revealing affections. Perhaps their experience was similar, he never looked down upon or despised Ling Jingxuan, also understood his pains more than anyone else.

“Haha…all right, then I won’t say more thanking words. Brother Han, when will your ox cart leave?”

Some things, he could put them in the heart. Ling Jingxuan decisively changed the topic. If there was the opportunity, he would definitely repay them.

“As you can see, there is no one lining up. It is busy farming season and few people are going to the fair. I don’t think we are leaving for the fair today.”

However straightforward one was, one would feel it was like big blow encountering this kind of circumstance. Han Fei was apparently disappointed, while Zhao Dalong on the side hugged his shoulder, giving wordless comforting. Han Fei raised the head to throw him a shallow smile. Two people were looking at each other, subtle sincere feelings rendering.

Farmers may never say those sour words like I love you or something like that, but the love between them was undisguised. Ling Jingxuan saw everything under their eyes. This kind of warm and deep relationship was far more previous than those vigorous, hot as fire affection.

“How about this, Zhao, Han, I’m going to the town to sell fish. I will rent your cart.”

If there was other choice, he did not want to interrupt the warm gaze between them, but it was getting late, and he only put in a little crescent spring for the fish today, and the rest was ordinary water. Those fish might die.

“Ah? Don’t talk about money. Anyway, we have no business for now. We’ll send you to the town. Come on, carry the fish onto the cart.”

Coming to his sense, Han Fei finally noticed a few big barrels on their handcart. Without saying anything, he rolled up his sleeves, ready to help him move the fish. Ling Jingxuan quickly said, “Don’t, I have to pay, or I won’t take your cart.”

Pressing his hand, Ling Jingxuan showed persistence under his eyes.

“All right, all right, you win. You can pay after you sell all those fish. Dalong, come to help.”

Han Fei could only agree, and did not forget to call Zhao Dalong to help carry those heavy buckets.

“Daddy, we can help, too.”

The three buns slid down the cart. Four adults smiled at each other. “It would be a big favor if you stay where you are.”

“What? I hate you, daddy.”

On hearing that, Ling Wu’s small face wrinkled, small mouth pouted, making the four adults laugh, those people’s strange eyes were completely ignored by them.

“Where did you catch the fish? So many.”

Four buckets of fish soon were moved onto the cart. Looking at those big fat fish in the buckets, Han Fei asked curiously. During slack season, the villagers would go catch fish for sale. For generations down, the fish in the river were not much, even there were, it was only some small ones. One could rarely see so many big fat ones.

“Haha…I found a place in Yuehua ditch where there are a lot of fish, but there are not so many now, so I plan to dig a fish pond to raise some myself, but I don’t know where to buy fish fry.”

Climbing on the cart, Ling Jingxuan casually said so. The cart was big, with four buckets of fish and a few adults and kids, they would all be seated, although a little crowded.

“Don’t. Before someone in our village also tried to raise fish, but all died. So you’d better save it.”

Hearing that, Zhao Dalong who was sitting aside holding Tiewa said so, frowning, white face rendering of unabashed worries, while on the other side Ling Jingpeng holding Ling Wen also said, “Ge, why you still want to raise fish? A few years ago a landlord in the next village wanted to raise fish, but in a few days the fry all died. With that money, why not buy a few acres of land?”

Yesterday When Ling Jingxuan said so, he thought he just wanted to raise some for their own food. They would only sell them when there was extra. But now judging from his tone, it seemed he wanted to do it big. Ling Jingpeng also obviously disagreed.

“Haha… You rest assured, I have a prescription using herbs to raise fish, to ensure that the fish can be raised fat and big, and the medicinal fish can also keep people healthy.”

In contrast, Ling Jingxuan was not at all concerned about other’s failure. With the Crescent Spring in hands, what is it he can not raise?

“Really, daddy?!”

From the beginning sitting on the cart, tightly holding two jars of jam, big bun raised his head, full of excitement under his eye. Just a few days, he has tasted the sweetness from selling fish, only wishing they would have fish to sell every day.

Han Fei and Ling Jingpeng looked at him with a suspicious face, even Zhao Dalong who was driving the cart looked back at him. The only ones who had no response should be Tiewa and small bun.