chapter 63: Cornering the Filial Son (1)

“Ge, what do you think, good?”

In the backyard, Ling Wen and Ling Wu, one was practicing calligraphy on a sand table with a branch, while the other was practicing tai chi, sweating profusely. The former was sitting as steady as a bell, as calm as water, while the latter was as nimble as an escaping hare. Not only the two brothers looked quite alike, but also they were both very concentrating when doing things. Though what they were doing was different, their attitude was the same.

“Hmm, very good. Come and have some tea. Look at your sweat!!”

Looking up, Ling Wen quickly poured a cup of herbal tea and handed it to him. The teapot and cup were just bought in the town today. Although he felt distressed when he bought them, now he felt quite good when using them.

“OK.”

Duang~Duang~Duang~

“Ling Jingxuan, you son of a bitch! Open the door… hurry up…open the door…”

After receiving the tea, Ling Wu even had no time to drink, suddenly the knocking sound was heard outside, accompanied by a woman’s insults and abuse. With a shake of the hand, the small bun subconsciously shrunk to big bun’s side, and Ling Wen also reflectively stretched his thin and short arms to hold him. He tried to straighten his thin body pretty hard, trying to set up courage for his younger brother.

“That bad woman at noon…”

Recognizing o the woman’s voice, Ling Wu could not help but choke. It was true he was small, he still knew that woman was from his grandparents’ family, their senior.

“Don’t be afraid. I’ll go and have a look.”

Patting his younger brother on the back, Ling Wen was about to walk out. Ling Wu hurriedly pulled him, “Ge, don’t go, they are too fierce, let’s wait for daddy here, OK?”

He was afraid his elder brother would get beaten again, and though they were their elders, he knew they did not like them.

“I’ll just look through the door. It’s about time daddy and uncle come back.”

He turned back and gave him a soothing smile. Since Ling Wen insisted, Ling Wu could only choose to go out with him. The yelling and swearing outside never stopped. The brothers looked through the door and saw that there were several tough women outside, and not far behind them were a bunch of onlookers. The brothers dared not open the door. Yan Shengrui lying in the room also heard the noise outside. Thinking that Ling Jingxuan wasn’t home and the two children might suffer, regardless of the injury, he struggled up from the straw stack. But before he could stand steady, a flood of dizziness swept by, forcing him to sit back.

“What are you doing? Mother, why are you also here?”

After a long commotion outside the door, Lady Wang’s voice suddenly sounded as the wooden door was about to be kicked open. The two brothers holding each other looked happy and approached the crack of the door to check the situation outside.

Not only Lady Wang, but also Ling Chenglong was here. Coincidentally, today their tea was not enough, so he asked his wife to go home and fetch some. On such a hot day, how could they work in the land without water? But Lady Wang ran into Ling Jinghan who was dragging his disabled body out, out of his mouth she learnt that her mother-in-law and sister-in-law were storming all the way here to make trouble, so she directly sent Ling Jinghan who would pass out anytime home and then went to call Ling Chenglong and rushed all the way here.

From far away, they saw those onlookers and Lady Jing who was kicking the door hard. Their faces immediately turned blue. As they drew nearer and saw the old lady, the two of them got even angrier and started trembling. Weren’t they ashamed as the elders? What did Jingxuan do to offend them again? Why wouldn’t they give them a break? They would feel happy only forcing them to die???

Due to filial piety, the couple dare not yell at the old lady, but only obediently standing in front of her.

Ling Chenghua, Lady Jiang and Ling Xiaoying turned around and saw it was Ling Chenglong and his wife, the faces showed a smile of schadenfreude one after another, and the way the old lady looked at the couple was like her eyes could emit poison, not the slightest bit of kindness as their mother, like they were her sworn enemies.

“What? Can’t I come here? If I don’t show up, you would move everything of our family here!”

The old lady showed the best of vitriolic capabilities as she opened her mouth, Ling Chenglong and his wife immediately turned all ghastly pale, the trembling white lips were indicating the two people’s enduring. Ling Chenglong secretly held his wife who nearly couldn’t hold herself, and moved forward before his mother and smiled apologetically, “Mother, what are you talking about? How can I ever do that kind of thing?”

Of the old lady’s three sons, Ling Chenglong was undoubtedly the most sincere, the least calculating, and the most filial one. Unfortunately, he was never the old lady’s favorite.

“You can’t, but someone can.”

Speaking of which, the old lady’s malicious eyes moved to Lady Wang who was standing behind him meaningfully.

“Long…”

Lady Wang burst into tears, looking at Ling Chenglong sadly. Her patience was collapsing.

“Mother, she wouldn’t…”

Seeing this, Ling Chenglon’s hands full of calluses couldn’t help tightening. It took quite a while before he could force himself to come forward to explain to the old lady, while the old lady did not give him the opportunity at all. Giving him a merciless stare, the old lady suddenly raised her voice, “Is there anything she dare not do? If it hadn’t been her, would we have become distant with your second uncle? All these years she supported those bastards a lot behind my back, didn’t she? Now, she even dares to blatantly send the money you and Jingpeng have earned through selling fish to them, do you still put me and whole Ling family in your eyes?”