chapter 47: Ten Taels of Silver! No Bargain (ii)

“OK, ten taels of silver it is!”

The shopkeeper was also smart enough. Of course he could think of what Ling Jingxuan was thinking. Although it is indeed expensive, it is still acceptable to him, so he still agreed, just kind of uncomfortable in the heart.

“You give me money, I give you the prescription.”

Speaking of which, Ling Jingxuan pulled out the prescription in the middle of those packets in his face. The shopkeeper almost spat out a mouthful of blood as he reacted what was happening. So one of the three prescriptions was for precautions for the plague…

But it was already too late. The shopkeeper had to take out a silver note from his chest in frustration and handed it to him. At the same time, he received the prescription just like receiving a hot potato.

“Hehe… thanks!”

Casting a glance at the silver ticket with the words circulate or exchange in whole Qing Kingdom, Ling Jingxuan did not forget to show off shaking it before him when passing over. The shopkeeper felt like his heart was bleeding, only wishing to pounce at him and bite his neck. As he remembered to ask Ling Jingxuan’s name, Ling Jingxuan had already gone.

“Alas…”

The shopkeeper looked down at the prescription in his hand and sighed deeply. Having lived for decades, he was unexpectedly cheated by a young man who looked like he was in his mid-20s. What a tragedy!

But next, there was no time left for him to feel depressed. Not long after LingJingXuan left, a large number of guests swarmed into his shop. Most of them were those onlookers. All of them were here to buy the plague prevention medicine. Within an hour, he had earned all that ten taels of silver he had just spent, but on that very night, as he had expected, people from the yamen really came, and he had to offer that prescription. Though he could no longer earn money with it, at least he earned himself a good name.

A plague just got stifled in the cradle. Many years later, when thinking of preventing the plague successfully and skipping a grade to get promoted, Magistrate Hu would give his thumbs up at Ling Jingxuan for his superb medical skills. But, at the time, he was already no longer a poor man, but the number one wealthiest businessman of Qing Kingdom, and the number one poisonous terror-stricken concubine of the imperial family.

Of course, that was part of the story to be recounted later. What happened later was unknown to Ling Jingxuan. Even if he knows, he would probably just laugh it off. What he wanted was never a good name.

As the father and two sons went back to the fish market, Ling Jingpeng hasd sold out the remaining two barrels of fish. And those things they had purchased before in those shops were all sent here. Now they were all on the carriage of Zhao Dalong and his family who had come back earlier. As they saw Tiewa, the two buns immediately ran over. Three kids were jibber-jabbering, sharing what they had experienced today.

“Why buy so many medicine? All for my second brother?”

Seeing them from far away, Ling Jingpeng already walked to them, and took the initiative to take over those packets of herbs from Ling Jingxuan’s hands.

“No, some are for us. I’ll tell you more about it later.”

Throwing him a smile, Ling Jingxuan walked with him to Zhao Dalong and his husband beside the ox cart, “Brother Zhao, brother Han, sorry to trouble you again.”

“What are you talking about? Have you got everything you want?”

Han Fei was still so straightforward and enthusiastic. As he saw that, he already bent down to carry the kids and put them onto the cart. Ling Jingxuan smiled and nodded. All climbed onto the cart. When they passed by a meat stall, Ling Jingxuan suddenly jumped off, and walked over.

“Boss, how much is the meat?”

“Lean meat, ten copper coins 1 jin, fat meat fifteen, you want some?”

The butcher hurriedly welcomed him. But before Ling Jingxuan had time to speak, big bun already came in a hurry, “Daddy, why do you spend money again? We’ve spent almost all the money we earned today. You…”

“Stop, Xiaowen, come here.”

If he kept nagging like that, they didn’t have to go home. Ling Jingxuan forcibly interrupted him, waving at him to go to his side. Big bun gave him a suspicious look and after quite a while, walked slowly into his arms. Ling Jingxuan briefed the whole story whispering in his ear. Of course, the key point was he had earned another ten taels of silver. So they could eat something good.

“Really?!”

After all, big bun didn’t believe what he had just said, little sword-shape eyebrows knitted together. It was not his fault. After all, in his short five years’ life, he had never seen such easy money. The previous two taels of silver already made him cry, let alone ten now. To him, the money was like an astronomical figure.

“Really, so let’s splurge a little. Don’t you want to taste the meat?”

Rarely having such a chance to taste the meat, how can Ling Jingxuan give up easily?

Ling Wen followed his sight to see the meat on the chopping board, swallowing a big mouth of saliva, and finally said like he had made a huge decision, “Then we buy some?”

How can a child be not gluttonous? Ling Wen was stingy and precocious, but he was still a little kid.