chapter 98: Sending Money; Something Happened

As expected, as Ling Jingxuan brought the small bun to Zhao family, before they knocked, they heard weeping sound from inside. The father and son gave each other a look, the son looked anxious, while the father looked helpless. These years, the court recruited strong adult men for military service as they wanted, totally ignoring whether the civilians could survive or not. If it hadn't been that heard had earned some money, plus the little buns were still little, maybe he also couldn't get away from it. At most, given his capabilities, he could ensure himself from getting killed on the battlefield.

Knock knock~

Spurning those messy thoughts in the head, Ling Jingxuan motioned the small bun to knock at the door, a little while later, the closed door was opened from the inside with the creaking sound, The red and swollen eyes of Han Fei appeared in their sight. Ling Jingxuan felt sorry in the heart, trying to make a smile, "Brother Han, I got something to talk to you. Can I go inside?"

"Hmm, come on in..."

"Wah~ Xiaowu, daddy's leaving. I don't want daddy to go. Boohoo~"

As Han Fei just made the way, before Ling Jingxuan took a single step, Tiewa rushed out, crying hard, with his thin little arms holding Ling Wu and tears and snot all rubbing on Ling Wu's ropey clothes.

"What's the matter? Don't you cry, Tiewa...Boohoo... Daddy, why is Tiewa crying?"

Ling Wu, having been protected by Ling Wen all these years, obviously was not used to dealing with such a scene, crying due to anxiety, asked his daddy for help while dropping 'gold beans'. Ling Jingxuan helplessly shook his head, bent over to hold his small bun almost at the same time with Han Fei bending over to hold up his Tiewa.

"Tiewa, don't cry. Daddy doesn't want to go, but... but..."

Before finishing his words, Han Fei couldn't help burying his head in his son's neck. If he didn't go, Zhao Dalong had to. Zhao Dalong was the blood father of Tiewa, so the kid needed him. And this family couldn't move on without him. How could they make a living if he didn't go to town and work as a blacksmith? Instead of setting the whole family to ruin, he should sacrifice himself. Although in this life, he had taken too much torturing and people's gossiping and cursing, he didn't regret it. Meeting Zhao Dalong is the best thing ever in his lfe.

"Boohoo~ Tiewa...Uncle Han...Don't you cry. I also want to cry seeing you cry. Boohoo~"

Seeing this, Ling Wu cried even harder. Ling Jingxuan quickly patted him on the back and said, "Don't cry. Daddy has a way to make Uncle Han not cry. Xiaowu, be quiet and let daddy talk to Uncle Han, ok?

"Boohoo... really?"

Raising his little face wetted by tears, Ling Wu choked. He also had no idea why he felt so sad. Seeing Tiewa cry, he just cried. Tiewa is his only friend. He doesn't want him to be sad.

"It's true, of course. When has daddy ever lied to you?"

Wiping off the tears on his face, Ling Jingxuan gently curved his lips slightly, as far as possible to let him feel his confidence. Ling Wu deeply looked at him for a while, then nodded obediently trying his best to hold his tear from dropping. Then he turned back to say to the father and son, "Uncle Han, Tiewa, stop crying. Daddy has a way out."

"Huh?"

"Uncle..."

The father and son looked up. Han Fei's face was full of doubts, while Tiewa was only expectations on his face. Though he was too small and didn't understand a lot of things, one could say much more foolish than Xiaowen and Xiaowu, he often heard from daddy that Uncle Ling is very capable. Since Xiaowu said that, he should have a way to let daddy stay.